- Table View
- List View
A fictionalized account of the night Amelia Earhart flew Eleanor Roosevelt over Washington, D.C.. in an airplane.
Examines the different types of homes animals make, including those of river otters, peregrine falcons, and three-toed sloths.
When Naomi's absent mother resurfaces to claim her, Naomi runs away to Mexico with her great-grandmother and younger brother in search of her father.
A tale about a girl adjusting to a new home. When Annie's family moves to the beach, Annie misses her friends and is worried that she won't be able to make new ones. Luckily, Grandma knows just what to do. She shows Annie a box filled with mementos--a feather, a white stone, and a bouquet of roses-- and explains how each of these things reminds her of a special day with one of her friends. Together, she and Annie decorate a box for Annie and fill it with things that will remind Annie of the friends she misses so much.
Come along with Carmen for a tour of California -- the golden state!
Doug is sure his summer is completely doomed when he has to go on a week-long camping trip with his entire family. To top it all off, he has to miss Beebe's annual swim party.
From the time he is a young boy, Neftalí hears the call of a mysterious voice. Even when the neighborhood children taunt him, and when his harsh, authoritarian father ridicules him, and when he doubts himself, Neftalí knows he cannot ignore the call. Under the canopy of the lush rain forest, into the fearsome sea, and through the persistent Chilean rain, he listens and he follows ... Combining elements of magical realism with biography, poetry, literary fiction, and sensorial, transporting illustrations, Pam Muñoz Ryan and Peter Sís take readers on a rare journey of the heart and imagination.
A young girl is from a privileged family in Mexico. When she and her family are forced to move to the United States, they become laborers. Through their challenges they learn to depend on and love each other more.
Esperanza thought she'd always live with her family on their ranch in Mexico--she'd always have fancy dresses, a beautiful home, and servants. But a sudden tragedy forces Esperanza and Mama to flee to California during the Great Depression, and to settle in a camp for Mexican farm workers. Esperanza isn't ready for the hard labor, financial struggles, or lack of acceptance she now faces. When their new life is threatened, Esperanza must find a way to rise above her difficult circumstances--Mama's life, and her own, depend on it.
The Old Glory, symbol of our country, the United States, has a glorious and interesting past. Come and explore some very interesting facts about the flag, why it is the colors it is, and who made the first one. Filled with interesting facts about our national flag. Great for the fourth of July. Great for all ages.
Spend a day at the beach, and take in the ocean through the senses of sight, hearing, feeling, taste, and smell in this romp through sand and waves.
"People have been gobbling up this yummy nutritious treat for centuries. Ancient Greeks and Romans awarded raisins at sporting events. Astronauts have been taking raisins into space. Take a peek inside this tasty book-you'll find out how grapes become raisins, who introduced the seedless grapes, and the many uses for raisins besides snacks!" In between the facts about raisins, children will delight in the silly poems about raisins. This file should make an excellent embossed braille copy.
Rosa Maria is preparing a birthday celebration for her granddaughter, Catalina. But each day she discovers that her mousetrap has disappeared along with something else, like her spoon or one of her candles.
A brother and sister find that when they use their imagination mud can become cake and they themselves can become almost anything.
A very rare pitacohi bird falls in love with a swallow and plucks his colorful feathers to transform dry, barren San Juan Capistrano into a haven of flowers and flowing water, which the swallows can easily find when returning from their annual migration.
Groups making up many different kinds of "families" introduce the numbers from one to ten and then by tens to one hundred.
"Our California" is a lively tour of author Pam Munoz Ryan's home state. Spirited poems celebrate California's major cities and regions. Backmatter includes state symbols and additional information about each place.
A book telling what different baby animals are called.
Based on the true-life story of Charlotte Parkhurst, a tomboy in the 1800s who became a horse rider, stagecoach driver, and first woman to vote. Historical fiction.
Tony Baloney is a macaroni penguin. As the only boy sandwiched between too many sisters, he seems doomed to a life of trouble. Whether you are a mischievous middle, a bossy biggest, or a bothersome baby, you are sure to root for Tony Baloney and find yourself, or someone you live, in the Baloney family.
An introduction to the life of Marian Anderson, extraordinary singer and the first African American to perform with the Metropolitan Opera, whose life and career encouraged social change.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.