- Table View
- List View
BArbour republishes for favorite Christmas short novels in this anthology for 2005: Strawberry Angel by Pamela Griffin: Noelle accidentally dyes her hair a shocking strawberry pink, which is the catalyst that brings two adorable homeless children and their sick mother into her life. It also reunites her with Todd, her high school crush. With Christmas coming, Todd helps Noelle build a set and direct rehearsals for a play at the women's shelter where she volunteers. Can this strawberry Christmas" be one to remember? Angel Charm by Tamela Hancock Murray: Charm school owner Lydia Winters is known as one of the most engaging woman at her church. Yet despite her prayers, the Lord hasnt seen fit to send her a godly husband. But when her high school sweetheart Drake Kingston, now a widower with a rebellious daughter in tow, returns to town, can the flame reignite with the help of a child's crafted angel? Or will Lydia once again discover she shouldn't play with fire? Angel on the Doorstep by Sandra Petit: Finding a stray crocheted angel gives Moira Sullivan the idea to make some angels of her own, which she delivers anonymously to every person on the hard working staff at First Christian Church. When Joe Corrigan discovers Moira is the secret gift giver, he coerces her into letting him help with the project. Will this forced togetherness bring them closer together or farther apart? An Angel for Everyone by Gail Sattler: Kim is pleased with the beaded angel ornaments she's made as party favors for the church's annual Christmas party until Trent points out that there won't be 30 people attending, but 300. When the shock wears off and Trent offers to help make more, Kim doesn't know whether to be happy or terrified. She's tried to get Trent's attention for years, but He's never taken her seriously. Will his participation now make things better or worse?
Their paths crossed one night on the Titanic and now they meet again. A man seeking to know more about his past....a woman trying to forget....God's grace brings them together and heals many broken bruised hearts.
This fine piece of historical fiction brings Moriah's world to life! So much so, that the reader may jump when a phone rings. Author Pamela Griffin tells a thrilling story. Her attention to detail and her knowledge of Rome is delightful.
Sarah rescues Bill from the ocean and her dad leads him to the saviour. Bill then takes Sarah to New York to start a new life.
MYRNA McBRIDE IS HEADING TOWARD HER FUTURE When her train derails in Hillsdale, Michigan, a wealthy stranger offers her shelter-and a position in his household. Grateful yet wary of the mysterious man, Myrna must guard her secrets-and her heart. Returning home upon his brother's death, Dalton Freed is now heir to a grand estate and guardian to his niece. Dalton desperately needs Myrna's help. But even as he looks forward to seeing the beautiful governess each day, he suspects she's keeping secrets. Can she ever earn Dalton's trust and bring light and laughter back to his life?
Ark of Love by Lauralee Bliss Brian Davis is indebted to his best friend Bob for helping him start his pet store business, and in gratitude, he takes on Bob's sister, Rachel, as an employee. Rachel's skills in the pet store leave much to be desired, and her many mistakes could cost Brian his reputation and his business. Can love turn the situation around before it's too late? Walk, Don't Run by Pamela Griffin Frenzied barking leads Jake to Kerry's rescue when she accidentally locks herself outside on her sister's balcony. After a dual case of mistaken identity is cleared up, the two call a truce, but it doesn't last long. Later, Kerry finds an injured dog and seeks a veterinarian-who turns out to be Jake. A dog brought them together; can another dog reunite them when all else has failed? U have to say I Dog Park by Dina Leonhardt Koehly When a Welsh corgi bites Mart's Great Dane in the leg, Matt demands the owner pay the vet's bill. Lynne refuses, claiming her sweet Bamboo wouldn't bite a flea, let alone a Great Dane. Her confidence in her dog's innocence falls apart when she meets the new youth pastor, who just happens to be the Great Dane's owner. Lynne doesn't know what to do. As time passes more questions plague her: Instead of wondering about Brutus, why is she thinking about his owner? The Neighbors Fence by Gail Sattler Fluffy doesn't particularly like Fido, and their owners don't differ much in their opinions of each other, either. Whenever Fluffy and Fido see each other, fur flies, likewise with Heather and Bill; yet something draws the two sides together and they can't stay apart. Then one day, Fluffy and Fido get lost, and Heather and Bill must unite to find them before it's too late. Usually, with cats and dogs, never the twain shall meet. Or shall they?
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.