When her mother becomes critically ill on Oahu, thirteen-year-old Abigail Kendall must travel with sister, Sarah, and friends Luke and Kini to California to escape the disease. But upon arrival at Luke's Aunt Dagmar's, they can tell they're not welcome. Because gold has just been discovered near Sutter's Mill, the children strike out for the fields, hoping some "quick money" will provide a doctor for Ma and a permanent home for the Kendalls. But all isn't easy in the goldfields. The work is hard, Luke gets "gold fever", and they hear rumors of children being kidnapped. Then Kini and Sarah disappear! As Abby searches desperately for the missing children, she discovers that God knows the desires of our hearts -- and never deserts us.
Set in the South Seas during the 1840s, Abby, her family, and her best friend, Luke, find themselves on adventures complete with pirates, volcanoes, and Komodo dragons. Through these adventures they learn that God is faithful, he always keeps his promises, and he is always watching over them.
"Quest for Treasure" takes Abby and Luke back to Hawaii on a search for hidden treasure in order to save the family ranch in California. They encounter Jackal, the pirate, along the action-packed quest. Readers will discover there is a God-given treasure within everybody.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.