Achieving Best Behavior for Children with Developmental Disabilities: A Step-By-Step Workbook for Parents and Carersby Pamela Lewis
Achieving good behavior and social skills in a child with developmental disabilities can often be very difficult, and methods that improve behavior in other children are often unsuitable or ineffective. Achieving Best Behavior for Children with Developmental Disabilities is an accessible workbook designed specifically for parents of children with developmental disabilities. It offers practical, hands-on advice and step-by-step instructions for drawing up and implementing behavior plans that successfully address and improve challenging behaviors. The book is also full of interactive checklists and activities that help to monitor and assess behaviors and track a child's development. The author also explains the reasons for children's behaviors and gives a wealth of practical advice on how to deal with specific situations, from shopping trips and getting a haircut to dentist appointments and children's birthday parties. Primarily for parents and carers of children with developmental disabilities, this book will also be of use to teachers, school psychologists, occupational therapists, speech/language therapists, social workers and anyone working with children with developmental disabilities.
Carole was told she killed another girl while drunk in a motel room with Eddy who's main purpose was in helping her lose her virginity.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.