- Table View
- List View
FROM BACK COVER "When the Kendalls lose their ranch, Abby's family and friends decide to check out the sugarcane business on Kauai. Upon arriving, they're welcomed by the wealthy Reese Cutter, who offers them jobs and a place to live. But things soon turn sour in this sugar business. Why is the infamous Cap'n Jim hanging around the plantation, and can the bad things the workers say about the charming Reese Cutter really be true? As she explores these mysteries, Abby finds that she cannot always trust outward appearances and that actions often speak louder than words."
South Seas Adventures is a fun, new series that is a surefire hit for 8- to 12-year-old girls. Lots of excitement will keep kids coming back for each new Abby title. In books 7 and 8, Abby, her family, and her best friend Luke have many adventures.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.