- Table View
- List View
This series provides subject related texts of different genres which can be used for teaching specific subjects as well as part ofthe Literacy Hour. While the content of the texts are firmly rooted in the requirements for that particular subject, teachers are able to select particular texts as appropriate for use in the Literacy Hour. And by using texts that are relevant to the learning that children are doing in the rest of the day, teachers can place the Literacy Hour within a meaningful context. The books provide: *fully photocopiable texts covering a broad range of genres and subject content-original, previously published, and rewritten *texts that are Key-Stage specific *teaching notes and ideas *at-a-glance grids which demonstrate where texts fit into the Literacy Framework and subject Programmes of study. HISTORY KS1 will provide sections on the following historical areas of study: Changes in children's own lives and others around them; The way of life of people in the more distant past; The way of life of people in the very distant past; The way of life of people in ancient times; Lives of significant men and women; Past events. *Provide secondary and primary sources for teaching subject knowledge *Compiled specifically to match subject requirements of the various Curricula *Ideal to use as part of the Literacy hour *All texts photocopiable
This book supports primary trainees in their learning and teaching approach to the core humanities subjects: geography, history and religion. It promotes an integrated approach to these subject areas and encourages trainees to reflect on the links between subjects, across the curriculum from the Early Years Foundation Stage through to Key Stage 2. This edition has been updated to incorporate the revised Professional Standards for the Award of QTS and addresses key initiatives such as Excellence and Enjoyment, Every Child Matters and the Primary National Strategy for Literacy and Mathematics.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.