This series provides subject related texts of different genres which can be used for teaching specific subjects as well as part ofthe Literacy Hour. While the content of the texts are firmly rooted in the requirements for that particular subject, teachers are able to select particular texts as appropriate for use in the Literacy Hour. And by using texts that are relevant to the learning that children are doing in the rest of the day, teachers can place the Literacy Hour within a meaningful context. The books provide: *fully photocopiable texts covering a broad range of genres and subject content-original, previously published, and rewritten *texts that are Key-Stage specific *teaching notes and ideas *at-a-glance grids which demonstrate where texts fit into the Literacy Framework and subject Programmes of study. HISTORY KS1 will provide sections on the following historical areas of study: Changes in children's own lives and others around them; The way of life of people in the more distant past; The way of life of people in the very distant past; The way of life of people in ancient times; Lives of significant men and women; Past events. *Provide secondary and primary sources for teaching subject knowledge *Compiled specifically to match subject requirements of the various Curricula *Ideal to use as part of the Literacy hour *All texts photocopiable
This book supports primary trainees in their learning and teaching approach to the core humanities subjects: geography, history and religion. It promotes an integrated approach to these subject areas and encourages trainees to reflect on the links between subjects, across the curriculum from the Early Years Foundation Stage through to Key Stage 2. This edition has been updated to incorporate the revised Professional Standards for the Award of QTS and addresses key initiatives such as Excellence and Enjoyment, Every Child Matters and the Primary National Strategy for Literacy and Mathematics.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.