This powerful classroom toolkit provides a variety of additional resources to help you make the most of the Write Source program: - Skills Book Practice for essential mechanics, usage, and grammar skills - Assessment Book Copy masters for a pretest, interim tests, and post tests to help prepare students for stare assessments- Overhead Transparencies Graphic organizers, assessment rubrics, and benchmark papers for whole-class instruction- Interactive Writing Skills CD-ROM Animated grammar lessons, engaging, interactive activities, and printable and e-mailable reports- Daily Language Workouts Quick 5-to-10 minute activities in mechanics, usage, grammar, and writing.
This Skills Book Grade 3 contains 1)Proofreading Activities: Using Punctuation, Checking Mechanics, Checking Your Spelling, Using the Right Word 2) Sentence Activities: Sentence Basics, Sentence Problem, Sentence Combining, and 3) Language Activities: Nouns, Pronouns, Verbs, Adjectives and Adverbs, Prepositions Conjunctions Interjections, Parts of Speech.
The 'SkillsBook' provides you with opportunities to practice editing and proofreading skills. 'Write Source' contains guidelines, examples, and models to help you complete your work in the 'SkillsBook.'
The SkillsBook provides you with opportunities to practice editing and proofreading skills presented in the Writers Express handbook. The handbook contains guidelines, examples, and models to help you complete your work in the SkillsBook.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.