- Table View
- List View
One of the world's healthiest foods, quinoa contains a perfect balance of all eight essential amino acids, and is a great source of protein, making it an increasingly popular food choice for those looking to incorporate 'superfoods' into their everyday diets. Gluten-free, wheat-free, and nutrient-packed, quinoa is ideal for those who are health-conscious, vegetarian, and/or physically active, as well as for those with gluten intolerance, wheat allergies, and other digestive disorders. But that's not all: You can eat quinoa guiltlessly knowing it's free of cholesterol and trans fats.
Bestselling authors Patricia Green and Carolyn Hemming show how the ancient superfood quinoa is revolutionizing the lives of people everywhere, addressing numerous health and lifestyle concerns such as weight loss, vegetarian diets, food allergies, gluten intolerance, heart conditions, and more. Quinoa Revolution demonstrates the extreme versatility of quinoa and how to increase your nutrition and revamp what you're eating now-with recipes that are great tasting and healthy. In addition to being one of the world's healthiest foods, quinoa's long list of amazing properties is what makes it so versatile in any number of recipes. Quinoa Revolution reveals how quinoa is not only used to boost nutrition, but how it can be used for any of its unique characteristics, including to enhance taste or texture, to thicken, hold moisture, replace gluten, increase protein, and more. Quinoa offers more than just salads. In everything from light snacks to full meals and even dessert, this nutrient-superior superfood plays a role. Healthful recipes include 'Chipotle Corn Chowder,' 'Red Velvet Waffles,' 'Korean Barbeque Beef Wraps,' 'Black Forest Goat Cheese Brownies,' 'Ginger Peach Crisp,' and more.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.