- Table View
- List View
ffective enterprise solutionsSearch, analyze, and visualize data more efficiently and completelyDevelop flexible and scalable tabular and multidimensional modelsMonitor performance, build a BI portal, and deploy and manage the BI Solution
A book-and-video introduction to Microsoft's Business Intelligence toolsIf you are just starting to get a handle on Microsoft Business Intelligence (BI) tools, this book and accompanying video provides you with the just the right amount of information to perform basic business analysis and reporting. You'll explore the components and related tools that comprise the Microsoft BI toolset as well as the new BI features of Office 2010. After a basic primer on BI and data modeling, the expert team of authors provides you with step-by-step lessons in the book and videos on the accompanying DVD on how to use SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, Excel BI (including PowerPivot), and SharePoint.Integrates instructional videos with each of the lessons found in the book to enhance your learning experienceExplores the Microsoft Business Intelligence (BI) toolset as well as the new BI features of Office 2010Encourages you to practice what you've learned in "Try It Out" sectionsContains video demonstrations that walk you through how to tackle each lesson featured in the bookWith Knight's Microsoft Business Intelligence 24-Hour Trainer, veteran authors present you with an ideal introductory book-and-video package so that you can get started working with the BI toolset immediately!/pNote: As part of the print version of this title, video lessons are included on DVD. For e-book versions, video lessons can be accessed at wrox.com using a link provided in the interior of the e-book.
Harness the powerful new SQL Server 2012Microsoft SQL Server 2012 is the most significant update to this product since 2005, and it may change how database administrators and developers perform many aspects of their jobs. If you're a database administrator or developer, Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Bible teaches you everything you need to take full advantage of this major release. This detailed guide not only covers all the new features of SQL Server 2012, it also shows you step by step how to develop top-notch SQL Server databases and new data connections and keep your databases performing at peak.The book is crammed with specific examples, sample code, and a host of tips, workarounds, and best practices. In addition, downloadable code is available from the book's companion web site, which you can use to jumpstart your own projects.Serves as an authoritative guide to Microsoft's SQL Server 2012 for database administrators and developersCovers all the software's new features and capabilities, including SQL Azure for cloud computing, enhancements to client connectivity, and new functionality that ensures high-availability of mission-critical applicationsExplains major new changes to the SQL Server Business Intelligence tools, such as Integration, Reporting, and Analysis ServicesDemonstrates tasks both graphically and in SQL code to enhance your learningProvides source code from the companion web site, which you can use as a basis for your own projectsExplores tips, smart workarounds, and best practices to help you on the jobGet thoroughly up to speed on SQL Server 2012 with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Bible.
<p>Teach yourself the programming fundamentals of SQL Server 2012—one step at a time. Ideal for beginning SQL Server database administrators and developers, this tutorial provides clear guidance and practical, learn-by-doing exercises for building database solutions that solve real-world business problems.</p>
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.