- Table View
- List View
Do What You Are has already helped more than 750,000 people find truly satisfying work. The book leads you step-by-step through the process of determining and verifying your Personality Type. Then it provides real-life case studies of people who share your Type and introduces you to the key ingredients your work must have for it to be genuinely fulfilling. Using workbook exercises and explaining specific job search strategies, Do What You Are identifies occupations that are popular with your Type and offers a rundown of your work-related strengths and weaknesses. It also shows how you can use your unique strengths to customize your job search, ensuring the best results in the shortest period of time. Whether you are a recent graduate, a first-time job seeker, or a midlife career switcher, this lively guide will enable you to discover the right career for you.
Do What You Are: Discover The Perfect Career For You Through The Secrets Of Personality Type (3rd Edition)by Barbara Barron-Tieger Paul D. Tieger
Do What You Are has already helped more than half a million people find truly satisfying work. After helping you discover your Personality Type, it provides real-life case studies of people who share your Type and introduces you to the key ingredients your work must have for it to be truly fulfilling. Whether you're a recent college graduate, job seeker, or mid-life career switcher, this lively guide will help you discover the right career for you. Using workbook exercises and explaining specific job-search strategies, Do What You Are lists occupations that are popular with your Type and offers a rundown of your work-related strengths and weaknesses. It also shows, step by step, how to use your unique strengths to customize your job search, ensuring the best results in the shortest period of time. This time-honored classic has been updated to include jobs in today's hottest growing markets, such as e-commerce, biotechnology, new media, and telecommunications.
Men and women aren't from different planets; they possess instead different personality types that drive behavior. Learn to accept, appreciate, and understand these differences for a better, happier relationship with a partner. Line drawings.
Nurture by Nature: How to Raise Happy, Healthy, Responsible Children Through the Insights of Personality Typeby Paul D. Tieger Barbara Barron-Tieger
Every parent knows that children, even babies, have distinct personalities. Any parent with more than one child is probably well aware of how different from each other children, even siblings, can be. So it's only natural that the parenting strategies that work with one child may be less effective with another child. How can you be sure that your nurturing is well suited to your child? With this one-of-a-kind parenting guide, you can use Personality Type analysis - a powerful and well-respected psychological tool - to understand your child better and become a more effective parent. In Nurture by Nature you'll learn which of 16 distinctly different types best matches your child's personality; how this personality type affects your child in each of the three stages of development - preschool, school age, and adolescence; how other parents, whose experiences are recounted in scores of case studies, deal with a wide array of challenging situations you may encounter: reining in a preschooler whose boundless energy constantly gets him into trouble; communicating with a child who keeps her thoughts and feelings secret; understanding an adolescent who seems not to care that he is forever losing things (his homework, his baseball cap, his keys); broadening the horizons of a child who resists trying anything new or unfamiliar. . . ; and how you can adapt your parenting style to your child's type - and get better results when communicating, supporting, motivating, and disciplining. Whether your child is a tantrum-prone toddler, a shy third-grader, a rebellious teen, or somewhere in between, Nurture by Nature will give you the power to understand why children are the way they are - and to become the best parent you can be.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.