- Table View
- List View
Inappropriate attire, lateness, sexually offensive behavior, not to mention productivity and communication issues . . . these are just a few of the uncomfortable topics bosses must sometimes discuss with their employees. 101 Tough Conversations to Have with Employeesoffers realistic sample dialogues managers can use to facilitate clear, direct interactions with their employees, helping them sidestep potential awkwardness and meet issues head-on. This practical, solution-oriented book walks readers through some of the most common - as well as the most serious - employee problems they are likely to encounter. Covering everything from substandard performance reviews to personal hygiene to termination meetings, this handy guide helps managers treat their people with dignity, focusing not just on what to say but also on how to say it. This helpful bookprovides proven techniques managers can use to protect themselves and their organizations. . . and get the very best from their people.
'No managerial or administrative task is as universally dreaded as the performance review. Supervisors may know the points they need to get across, but putting them on paper is another matter. This book puts the right words at their fingertips, with ready-to-use phrases and words, action items, and descriptions that managers, supervisors, and HR professionals can use to evaluate performance, prepare development plans, and address performance problems. 2600 Phrases for Effective Performance Appraisals covers the 25 most commonly rated factors, including productivity, time management, decision making, and teamwork, as well as specific roles such as customer service, finance, sales, and more. The book provides hundreds of phrases to use in performance improvement plans, plus an appendix of helpful individual words.
As a manager, you aren't truly successful unless your employees are as well. Helping them establish compelling, actionable performance goals is the first and most important step, and 2600 Phrases for Setting Effective Performance Goals is there to lend a hand. A natural follow-up to the bestselling 2600 Phrases for Effective Performance Reviews, this quick-reference guide provides readers with ready-to-use performance goals organized by the characteristics and core competencies used most often in the appraisal process. From attendance and attitude to teamwork and time management, managers will find the language they need to inspire exceptional results. The book also includes wording tailored to many of the most common positions in sales and marketing, accounting and finance, HR, IT, legal, manufacturing, operations, and more. Comprehensive and organized for ease of use, this book enables managers to lay the groundwork necessary for phenomenal achievement on the part of their people.
Supplies questions for employers to ask during a job interview and during the decision-making process, and shows how to interpret answers and spot warning signs. Includes advice on illegal interview questions, telephone screening interviews, and reference checks. For managers and human resource professionals. Annotation c. by Book News, Inc. , Portland, Or.
A well-crafted performance plan has the power to dramatically impact a company's bottom line by increasing efficiency and effectiveness in the workplace. This uniquely practical book provides a customizable appraisal template covering the essential areas of performance and conduct and reveals how you can adapt it to fit varying business strategies. Taking into account factors such as workforce composition, company growth stage, and organizational goals and challenges, The Performance Appraisal Tool Kit shows you how to: * Profile ideal employee performance and behavior * Design competencies that power performance, both at the individual and enterprise level * Drive future change by setting your organization's strategic direction * Retool the appraisal as needed to ratchet up expectations over time. Complete with model performance templates that make redesigning your current program simpler, this one-of-a-kind guide will help you create a dynamic appraisal system that's flexible and adaptable enough to accommodate market changes, revised priorities, and increasing productivity targets.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.