- Table View
- List View
Anatole is the happiest, most contented mouse in all of Paris. He is Vice-President in charge of Cheese Tasting at Duvall's cheese factory. He works in secret at night-- the people at Duvall have no idea their mysterious taster is really a mouse! So M'sieu Duvall thinks nothing of bringing his pet cat to the factory... Clever Anatole must act to protect his job, and his life! He must do what no mouse has done before-- find a way to bell the cat. Bonne chance, Anatole!
"The classic tale of the old couple, with no children of their own, who bake a gingerbread boy to keep them company. Just as the little old woman is about to take him from the oven, he slips away and runs out the door past a cow, a horse, a group of threshers, mowers, etc. All follow in hot pursuit until the gingerbread boy meets up with a wily fox, and 'at last and at last he went the way of every single gingerbread boy that ever came out of an oven . . . He was all gone!' A wonderfully frenetic cross-country chase is depicted in Galdone's broadly humorous color wash drawings. Of the eight editions of this well-known story now in print, this hilarious version is the most delectable. " -School Library Journal, starred "Galdone has already proven many times over that he is perfectly at home with those traditional nursery tales that are still preschoolers' favorites, and his expressive, unassuming style just right for their very young audience. . . . Children will follow along breathlessly . . . right up to that last snip snap snip when the Gingerbread Boy goes 'the way of every single gingerbread boy that ever came out of an oven. '"-Kirkus Reviews
"Who will plant this wheat?" cried the little red hen. "Not I," said the cat. "Not I," said the dog. "Not I," said the mouse.
The story of the clever monkey who outsmarted the crocodile.
Paul Galdone created hundreds of books in his lifetime. Many of his picture books quickly became accepted as the definitive version of traditional stories. Collected here are four of his most popular picture books: The Three Pigs, The Three Bears, The Little Red Hen, and Cat Goes Fiddle-i-fee. Parents who grew up with these whimsical retellings will enjoy revisiting them and sharing them with the family, bringing Galdone's timeless artistry and bright, earthy humor to a new generation of readers. This attractive gift book includes every word and image in the original picture books, and features an introduction by noted children's book specialist Leonard S. Marcus.
When a turnip, a cat, spoon, and floor speak to her, an old woman runs off to tell the king.
This familiar nursery tale features a warmly appealing bear family and a naughty, gap-toothed Goldilocks.
Paul Galdone's classic retelling of a lively nursery tale. "Galdone's dramatic, colourful illustrations are well suited to this old Scandinavian tale. Even the scale of the pictures seems to tell the story; the first Billy Goat Gruff looks small against a looming bridge; soon the troll completely fills the page, and then the big Billy Goat Gruff spreads across two. The third Billy Goat Gruff's gruesome challenge is deleted, and he butts his wild-haired, blue-nosed, yellow-toothed enemy into the water, marches triumphantly up a daisy-covered hillside, and makes himself fat. "
Three little kittens, they lost their mittens, and they began to cry. The three little kittens may be a bit careless, but they always manage to correct their mistakes in this favorite Mother Goose rhyme.
All three pigs set out to seek their fortune, but two of them come to a sorry end. "All in all, a very appealing edition of a beloved story. " -- School Library Journal
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.