- Table View
- List View
Every Friday afternoon at 3. 30, the whole office at talkSPORT Towers stops to listen to the station's most popular feature, Clips of the Week, presented by Paul Hawksbee and Andy Jacobs. For all the professionalism of the presenters, there are always those moments when things don't quite go right, and words get jumbled up, or a guest on a phone-in says something so extraordinary you have to stop and think: did he really just say that? For 13 years now, the hosts of the afternoon show have been running this feature, in the process collecting almost 4000 hilarious clips. In this book we get to read the very best of the best; they include Alan Brazil's occasional on-air lapses, as when he introduced racing reporter Rupert Bell: 'Here's talkSPORT's Rupert Bear. . . '. There's also the unbeatable moment when a Scottish caller was campaigning for Hearts' goalkeeper Antti Niemi to play for Scotland. The presenter replied that he was ineligible as he was Finnish, only to be told: 'He's no' finish, he only 28!'
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.