- Table View
- List View
This collection offers readers loving insights and wisdom--all centering on the prime of life. Contributors to this volume include Erma Bombeck, Ruth Stafford Peale, Tom Landry, Florence Littauer, Roy Rogers and Max Lucado.
Know Can Do! is a teaching parable in the tradition of Ken Blanchard's bestselling business books. It tells the story of a well known author who is troubled by the gap between what people know: all the good advice they've digested intellectually from books and seminars, and what they actually do. Seeking a way to close this learning-doing gap, the author sets out on a journey to find a solution. He soon meets a legendary businessman named Carl Hesse, who has discovered the secrets of putting knowledge into action. Carl teaches the author the three reasons people don't make the leap from knowing to doing and The key to overcoming these roadblocks. Through Carl Hesse and his colleagues, the author learns life-changing secrets that provide answers to the age-old question: "Why don't I do what I know I should do?" Know Can Do! teaches people at all levels how to apply life-changing techniques to reach their fullest potential.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.