A large number of neurological conditions result in abnormal movements of the body; these are often characterized by changes in coordination and altered speed of voluntary movement. Many obscure diseases, conditions and environmental insults can cause movement disorders but these are often overlooked. This volume expands and differentiates the many varied clinical presentations of movement disorders. Written by an international team of authors, including some of the most prominent clinicians in the field, disorders are defined and expanded in a clinically useful manner. Pathophysiological theories, genetic discoveries, new classifications, differential diagnoses and therapies are discussed extensively. Uncommon Causes of Movement Disorders provides a broad and comprehensive review of the field, concentrating on conditions infrequently seen but essential for practitioners to recognize in order to implement appropriate management. This is a key text for movement disorders specialists and general neurologists at all stages of their career.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.