- Table View
- List View
What do you get when you mix beautiful people, family secrets, and a yacht washed up on Sunset Key with a hundred grand in cash and a dying man? If you're Steve Solomon, you see a case that can get Solomon & Lord off the ground. If you're Victoria Lord, you see a golden opportunity to go out on your own. With her uncle a murder suspect and her hunky ex-boyfriend back in the picture, Victoria is pushing to take control as Solomon struggles to keep from losing it. As an explosive trial looms, they're fighting against time, the law, and each other--to expose a killer who came to paradise...and hasn't left.
The Edgar-nominated author acclaimed for clever writing and crackling courtroom scenes delivers a vividly realized thriller about a disgraced lawyer traveling the twisted border between justice and revenge in a desperate bid to clear his name.
A report from the International Monetary Fund.
It starts with a 300-pound marlin stuck in his front door. Even by South Florida standards, where murderers outnumber mosquitoes, this registers as weird. And it's not long before Steve Solomon figures out who's making the bizarre threats. But how can he explain to his partner why an ex-client wants him dead? Victoria Lord was used to Steve's cutting legal corners to win, but breaking the law to lose was downright unethical, even for Steve. Now Solomon & Lord is being bashed on local radio and a celebrity shrink with a homicidal me-first philosophy wants to be Steve's new best friend. With a killer on the loose and legal disaster looming, is Steve's lover and law partner about to walk out on him? Is this the end of Solomon & Lord?
Eighteen years ago, Jake Lassiter crossed paths with a teenage runaway who disappeared into South Florida's sex trade. Now he retraces her steps and runs head-on into a conspiracy of Miami's rich and powerful who would do anything to keep the past as dark as night and silent as the grave. In this tale of redemption and revenge, Edgar-nominated author Paul Levine delivers his most powerful thriller yet. Jake Lassiter, second-string linebacker turned low-rent lawyer, is cynical about the law, but if you hire him, he'll take a punch for you . . . and maybe a swing at the prosecutor, too.Amy Larkin--beautiful, angry, and mysterious--accuses Lassiter of involvement in the disappearance of her sister eighteen years earlier. What does Lassiter know about Krista Larkin, the runaway teen turned porn actress? More than he's saying. Seeking to atone for his own past, Lassiter follows the cold trail of the missing Krista and butts head with the powerful men who also knew her: a former porn king turned philanthropist, a slick Cuban-born prosecutor who'd love to be governor, and an aging mobster who once worked for the infamous Meyer Lansky. The evidence leads to a long-ago night of kinky sex, designer drugs--and possible murder. But before Lassiter can nail the truth, a gun goes off, a suspect falls dead, and Amy is charged with murder.The state has an eyewitness and a slam-dunk case. Lassiter has a client he doesn't trust and a case he can't win. Did Amy shoot the man who killed her sister? Or the wrong man? And what really happened to Krista? The answers, buried under years of deceit and corruption, are revealed in an explosive courtroom finale proving that rough justice is better than no justice at all.From the Hardcover edition.
A report from the International Monetary Fund.
Steve Solomon is the sharpest lawyer ever to barely graduate from Key West School of Law. Victoria Lord is fresh from Yale, toiling for an ambitious D.A. and soon to be married. And Katrina Barksdale is a sexy former figure skater charged with killing her incredibly wealthy, incredibly kinky husband. With all three tangled in the steamiest trial of the century, the case is sure to make sparks fly, headlines scream--and opposites attract.
When Steve Solomon is awakened from a sound sleep beside his lover and law partner, Victoria Lord, the last thing he expects is to find himself in a high-speed chase against dolphin-kidnapping ecoterrorists on Jet Skis. But that is what you get when your nephew hangs out at water parks and speaks cetacean-a.k.a. dolphin. By morning, a person is dead and Steve has a new client: none other than one of the animal liberators. There's just one loophole: Victoria is on the case too--on the opposite side.No wonder Larry King says that this is "mystery writing at its very best" and Dave Barry says Paul Levine writes a terrific courtroom drama that's also funny as hell!"From the Paperback edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.