- Table View
- List View
Hunter. Hockey mom. Live action figure.Sarah Palin is living proof that politics does indeed make strange bedfellows. In 101 Things You--and John McCain--Didn't Know about Sarah Palin, readers learn the (alleged) truth about the (reputed) Republican darling from Alaska who's taken the nation by (ice) storm. In this hilarious, irreverent look at the world's most infamous Miss Congeniality, comedian and WTF? author Gregory Bergman reveals more than one hundred bizarre, obscure facts about the bizarre, obscure governor from Wasilla, including:#3 Sarah Palin supports funding for abstinence-only programs in schools. Just call her Grandma.#4 In 2007, Sarah Palin offered $150 to every hunter who hacked off the left foreleg of a wolf shot from a plane. Talk about wolves being thrown, uh, to the wolves.#12 Sarah Palin once dressed as Tina Fey for Halloween. She gained twenty IQ points and a sense of humor.101 Things You--and John McCain--Didn't Know about Sarah Palin--because politics is funnier than fiction!
Mindfulness is just a moment away! You don't need to hide yourself away on a mountaintop for decades to achieve enlightenment. You can do it right in your own home, at work, even in the car on your daily commute. All it takes a 5 minutes#151;and an open mind. With5-Minute Mindfulness, readers find quick and easy ways to calm their minds, soothe their psyches, and sustain their spirits. These potent, portable practices, meditations, postures, and exercises can be done anywhere, anytime#151;mini-enlightenments that can create a lifetime of joy, peace, and serenity.
In this memoir, single mother Paula Munier takes on the world's worst beagle--and loses every time. She tries everything to fix Freddie--but nothing really works. As her youngest son grows up and prepares to leave her soon-to-be empty nest, Paula's worst fear is that after more than thirty years of raising kids, she'll be left all alone--with Freddie.
Visit the Vegas They Don't Want You to Know About!Whether this is your first or fiftieth visit, you'd be surprised at how much of the city's mystique you can miss while you're pulling slots until dawn. From getting comped at a casino every time to finding the best stripper to teach you how to pole dance, you'll learn all of the hidden magic that permeates this incredible city in this tell-all handbook. You'll also get an insider's take on: How to get invited to the Fetish and Fantasy Ball Why you shouldn't drink the water in Vegas Where to have a $5,000 lunch Where to find the world's biggest topless pool Who's been blacklisted by the Gaming Control Board Organized according to the seven deadly sins, the hidden gems in The Sordid Secrets of Las Vegas are your keys to uncovering the dirty secrets of Sin City!
America's voice was heard, and with a resounding "Yes, We Can!" it yelled for change. Now, Americans everywhere want to know what they can do to help. This passionate, prescriptive call to action supplies them with 365 simple things they can do today to make their country a better place. Yes, We Can! -- because change has come to America and it's up to every American to make a difference.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.