- Table View
- List View
"Life is like that, Grace. Sometimes you sail with nothing to trust but the stars ... It all works out if you plot your course carefully." Giles Courtney may be the captain of his own ship, but he's not yet certain he's the master of his destiny. His reckless privateering days behind him, Giles is determined to make a respectable name for himself, yet where to begin is the question at hand--especially when he must inform his first patron that his convictions forbid him to traffic in slaves. But while wealthy sugar planter Edmund Welbourne is astounded by Giles' refusal, his beautiful daughter Grace is quite obviously intrigued--and Giles is instantly attracted. As intelligent and spirited as she is lovely, Grace is everything Giles wants in a wife--but their hasty marriage soon proves to be a challenge that will test everything both of them believe about the nature of freedom and the overwhelming power of love Paula Reed was a full-time English teacher at Columbine High School of Littleton, Colorado. After surviving the tragic shootings there, she, like many students and teachers who were there that day, decided to reinvent her life by pursuing her true passion--writing romance novels--while continuing to teach. Ms. Reed lives in the Denver area. Visit her Web site: www.paula-reed.com.
Fashion's best-kept secrets from London's leading fashion authority Why is it that simply getting dressed in the morning can be a bewildering experience? Last month's must-haves date you faster than a frizzy perm, and before the credit-card bill is paid, some expert is telling you your latest fashion fantasy is now "so last season." The more you buy, the less it seems you have to wear. Knowing what works and what doesn't, how and when to shop, how best to dress your body shape, and how to work an accessory like a styling pro will propel you on your way to fashion nirvana: the effortlessly chic set. With timeless tips and practical advice, fashion editor Paula Reed proves that you don't have to have a big budget, a whole new wardrobe, or the latest fad to look great. Transform your life with these expert lessons When to spend: what is worth a budget blowout and what can be a cheap buy. How to find the fabulous in every figure: dress thin, tall, and timeless . . . promise! Secrets of the successful shopper: how to know if it's eek! or chic! The essential proportions of the perfect pants, the jacket you'll love forever, and dresses to die for. And much more--on coats, suits, shirts, shoes, bags, and essential accessories. Here you'll find everything else you need to release your individual style. Each chapter focuses on a particular element of fashion--coats, dresses, suits, bags, jewelry--making it easy to navigate the world of fashion. From eveningwear to work wear, weekends to big nights out, from the boardroom to the home office, Reed covers it all with warmth, wit, and intelligence. With a little basic skill, deftly applied, you can have confidence in knowing that what you put on looks great and serves you well. Whatever your age, whether you have a big budget or are flat broke, Style Clinic will help make fashion work for you.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.