- Table View
- List View
This Reading and Note Taking Guide helps your students succeed in their study of science. Working through the exercises will help them understand and organize the concepts presented in the textbook.
This History book covers five themes to show the connection between history and geography. These themes are location, place, region, movement, and human interaction.
This book focuses on helping teachers to educate their students on good habits and to becoming great readers.
This book is designed to help teachers instill good habits in their students helping them to become better achievers.
This book is designed to provide students with the most essential content in their high school government or civics course in an easy-to-follow format. The text summaries and graphic organizers will help students organize key information. Vocabulary terms are highlighted and defined in the text narrative, as well as in the glossary. A chapter test at the end of each chapter checks students' understanding of the basic content.
The short stories in this book will take you to fictional worlds as far away as India and as close as the family next door. By introducing you to new people in a variety of situations, these stories will touch your heart, challenge your mind, and stretch your imagination.
Just as there are different types of sports, like basketball or swimming, so there are different forms of literature. Each form, called a genre (zhän rə), has its own characteristics. In this introduction, you can learn about these genres. Keep these terms in mind.
Longman Science prepares students in grades 6-12 for success in a standards-based science program with a broad overview of life, earth, and physical science. All activities are specifically geared to students in the early stages of English language acquisition, and help build content knowledge, skills, and learning strategies. Special offer: Take advantage of our special offer: get the Longman Science Student Book and Workbook for only$44. 95. That's 25% off the regular price of these two books combined. Click here for details. Features For beginning to high beginning English language learners. "Getting Started" unit introduces concepts of science, safety, and the scientific method. Reading strategies are explicitly taught and modeled throughout the readings. Science skills, such as using and interpreting visuals, charts, and graphs are taught and recycled throughout each lesson. Unit Review provides additional practice, extension projects, further reading, and a Unit Experiment. Vocabulary building activities and glossaries help students access and build mastery of the content.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.