- Table View
- List View
Mathematical Models with Applications is intended to build on previous courses, including Algebra I, and to place emphasis on bringing about a deeper understanding of those mathematical relationships that will help students gain mathematical literacy in the real world and simultaneously help them build a strong foundation for future study in mathematics and other disciplines. The main goals for this textbook are to teach students how to problem-solve, communicate mathematically, create and interpret mathematical representations and models, and make efficient and appropriate use of technology to solve problems.
This mathematics workbook will help students do three things--review, practice, and think critically.
This comprehensive full-year program introduces students to the basic concepts and principles of biology and builds the fundamental science skills students of all ability levels need to succeed. Pacemaker Biology integrates technology, everyday applications, careers, and modern leaders into biology. Lexile Level 760 Reading Level 3-4 Interest Level 6-12
This book contains a lot of easy to use learning tools to study the concept of Geometry with the support of Problem-Solving lessons and Calculator lessons. Math Connections, On-the-job Math, and Math In Your Life are features that include interesting information about how we use math every day. Other features help you to organize your study of geometry.
World History is the study of important people, places, and events of the world.
Here is a complete list of the California State Standards for Language Arts so that you can know what you are expected to learn this year. In this strand of standards, you will use your prior knowledge of word origins to learn the meanings of new words and to use these words correctly. Over the years, many words in English have changed in meaning and spelling. Words that came to English from other languages may also have evolved from their original forms. Knowing a word's etymology, or history, will help you understand its meaning. Many words in English come from classical languages of long ago and contain distinct references to science or mathematics. Knowing the meanings of word parts (roots, prefixes, and suffixes) will help you figure out the meanings of unfamiliar words. An analogy is a statement that two dissimilar things are alike in some way. Examining the relationships expressed in analogies helps us think logically. In this strand of standards you will read material with the purpose of analyzing its organization as well as the arguments and positions it advances.
This comprehensive volume comprises 6 units covering Fiction and Nonfiction, Short Stories, Types of Nonfiction, Poetry, Drama, Themes in Literature: Heroes and Dreamers and also Resources (Vocabulary Handbook, Literary Handbook Writing Handbook Grammar, Usage, and Mechanics Handbook).
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.