- Table View
- List View
From dressing the chicken to drawing the drapes, Amelia Bedelia does exactly what Mr. and Mrs. Rogers tell her to do. If things get a bit mixed up, well, that's okay. When Amelia Bedelia is involved, everything always turns out perfectly in the end!
If the baby's schedule said to play for two hours, what would you do? Babysitting is loads of fun the Amelia Bedelia way!
From the Book Jacket: Ages 4 to 8. Amelia Bedelia is in trouble again! This time she is in charge of a surprise wedding shower for Miss Alma. With the help of her scatterbrained cousin, Amelia Bedelia ices the fish with chocolate frosting, sticks prunes all over the hedges, tramples on Mrs. Rogers's best tablecloth-and turns the entire party into an uproarious shambles! "The humor gets large-size laughs from small-size people." -The Christian Science Monitor "An I Can Read Book with delightful nonsense in story and pictures." -Parents' Magazine Peggy Parish is the author of many books about the ever-popular Amelia Bedelia. Fritz Siebel is the illustrator of Amelia Bedelia and Thank You, Amelia Bedelia, also available in Harper Trophy editions.
A literal-minded housekeeper causes a ruckus on a camping trip when she attempts to make sense of some instructions. Picture descriptions added.
Helping hands Amelia Bedelia brings her niece -- and her literal-minded zaniness -- to Miss Emma's house for a day of work. It's a good thing Miss Emma likes to laugh because Amelia Bedelia makes her usual merry mess! Picture descriptions present on picture only pages.
Amelia Bedelia entertains Mr. and Mrs. Rogers by showing them her family album and describing what her relatives do
Who or what is taking the kitchen scraps from the garbage every night? What starts out as a puzzle becomes a mystery. Every night Grandma leaves table scraps in a wrapped plastic bag in the garbage can where, according to plan, the McNell is children pick them up to feed their kittens. But the plan changes when the bag is gone in the morning. The twins, Liza and Bill, and brother Jed decide to investigate the matter. First the children discover Liza's missing red sweater in a part of the woods she hadn't been to before, next they read about runaway children in the newspaper, and then their new puppy is lost. Finally they find a teepee in the woods with what seems to be Indians in warpaint dancing and shooting arrows! The young detectives must put all the clues together and solve the mystery.
Because she does exactly as she is told, Amelia is fried from one job after another.
Liza, Bill, and Jed spend their summer on Pirate Island and are dying to solve the mystery of Cougar Island--a haunted private property.
From the Book Jacket Everybody loves Amelia Bedelia! The literal minded maid is up to her old tricks again, when Mr. and Mrs. Rogers go out for the day leaving a list of jobs for Amelia to do in her own upside down fashion. For ages 4 - 8
Liza, Bill and Jed realize that something weird is happening in and around their new home. Nearly every morning they find mysterious messages. Strange footprints appear, lights flash and secret compartments pop open. Is John Blake's ghost responsible? If not, who is?
Each summer Lisa, Bill, and Jed visit their grandparents, and they hear the story of the sketches hung above the mantel. The sketches are clues to a hidden treasure, and no one has been able to figure them out for a century.
As Amelia Bedelia helps Mrs. Rogers prepare for Christmas. she bakes a date cake with a calendar in it and stuffs the children's stockings with turkey stuffing.
After a frightening run-in with Hermit Dan earlier in the summer, Liza, Bill, and Jed are determined to stay away from the old man. But the stories the islanders tell about him make them curious. Were Hermit Dan's ancestors really pirates? Why does he avoid people? What's in the box he keeps buried in the dunes? Liza, Bill, and Jed stir up plenty of excitement when they set out to discover the secrets of Hermit Dan's past.
Summer vacation at Pirate Island! Liza, Bill, and Jed can't believe their grandparents' wonderful surprise. The excitement begins even before they reach the island, as Grandpa gives the first clue to the unsolved mystery of a long-lost family "treasure. " Whether it's their frightening run-ins with Hermit Dan, a wild and scary romp with a swooping bat, or a midnight trip into the woods, tracking the series of weird picture clues leads the children all over the island and into all sorts of adventures.
Amelia Bedelia, who knows very little about baseball, stands in for a sick player during a game.
Amelia Bedelia goes to the school to deliver a message, but the principal needs a teacher, and she is good with children. It was a most interesting day at school for the children. A delightful book.
Mrs. Rogers is glad Amelia Bedelia can help get everything ready for the guests. Stripping sheets, taking spots out of dresses, and checking shirts are just some of what Amelia does.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.