- Table View
- List View
The neoplasms found in the female genital tract are numerous and growing more complex. Cytology and Surgical Pathology of Gynecologic Neoplasms has been written to provide a practical reference for practicing pathologists and cytopathologists in a quick and concise fashion. The primary focus of this book is on gynecological tumors, specifically common ones and their benign mimics. Emphasis is placed on morphologic recognition, resolving common diagnostic problems seen in routine practices, and discussion of current classification of gynecologic malignancies. Special references to the differential diagnosis and pitfalls of each entity are included. The role of cytology and its correlation with histology is richly illustrated and discussed. Also presented is the practical use of ancillary studies such as molecular diagnostic testing and immunohistochemistry. With a unique emphasis on the correlation between cytology and surgical pathology, Cytology and Surgical Pathology of Gynecologic Neoplasms provides a ready reference for both the practicing pathologist and pathologist in training in finding quick answers to their diagnostic challenges.
In this volume Dr Hui has brought together a comprehensive overview of gestational trophoblastic disease that includes all the currently recognized entities: complete and partial hydatidiform moles, placental site trophoblastic tumor, epithelioid trophoblastic tumor, gestational choriocarcinoma, persistent gestational trophoblastic neoplasia, placental site nodule and exaggerated placental site reaction. Each entity is reviewed in detail, with emphasis on genetic background, clinical presentation, pathologic findings and ancillary studies, differential diagnosis and clinicopathological correlations. Descriptions of the pathology are supported by numerous excellent photomicrographs. Recent advances in our understanding of the genetics of gestational trophoblastic diseases are stressed. Introductory chapters cover the developmental biology of the placenta and the genetic basis of gestational trophoblastic disease, and one chapter is devoted to the molecular diagnosis of gestational trophoblastic disease. This chapter includes a review of the use of short tandem repeat (STR) genotyping which is of particular value in the diagnosis of hydatidiform moles. The final chapter covers clinical aspects of gestational trophoblastic disease, including treatment. The text throughout is current and thoroughly referenced. This book will be of great value to pathologists, community gynecologists, gynecological pathologists and medical students.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.