The neoplasms found in the female genital tract are numerous and growing more complex. Cytology and Surgical Pathology of Gynecologic Neoplasms has been written to provide a practical reference for practicing pathologists and cytopathologists in a quick and concise fashion. The primary focus of this book is on gynecological tumors, specifically common ones and their benign mimics. Emphasis is placed on morphologic recognition, resolving common diagnostic problems seen in routine practices, and discussion of current classification of gynecologic malignancies. Special references to the differential diagnosis and pitfalls of each entity are included. The role of cytology and its correlation with histology is richly illustrated and discussed. Also presented is the practical use of ancillary studies such as molecular diagnostic testing and immunohistochemistry. With a unique emphasis on the correlation between cytology and surgical pathology, Cytology and Surgical Pathology of Gynecologic Neoplasms provides a ready reference for both the practicing pathologist and pathologist in training in finding quick answers to their diagnostic challenges.
In this volume Dr Hui has brought together a comprehensive overview of gestational trophoblastic disease that includes all the currently recognized entities: complete and partial hydatidiform moles, placental site trophoblastic tumor, epithelioid trophoblastic tumor, gestational choriocarcinoma, persistent gestational trophoblastic neoplasia, placental site nodule and exaggerated placental site reaction. Each entity is reviewed in detail, with emphasis on genetic background, clinical presentation, pathologic findings and ancillary studies, differential diagnosis and clinicopathological correlations. Descriptions of the pathology are supported by numerous excellent photomicrographs. Recent advances in our understanding of the genetics of gestational trophoblastic diseases are stressed. Introductory chapters cover the developmental biology of the placenta and the genetic basis of gestational trophoblastic disease, and one chapter is devoted to the molecular diagnosis of gestational trophoblastic disease. This chapter includes a review of the use of short tandem repeat (STR) genotyping which is of particular value in the diagnosis of hydatidiform moles. The final chapter covers clinical aspects of gestational trophoblastic disease, including treatment. The text throughout is current and thoroughly referenced. This book will be of great value to pathologists, community gynecologists, gynecological pathologists and medical students.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.