- Table View
- List View
Start a business in California with the best step-by-step guide available! If you dream of starting a business, but fear that without an MBA you'll get lost in government red tape, this is the handbook you need. The Small Business Start-Up Kit for California outlines how to set up your enterprise in the Golden State quickly and easily, pointing out the hurdles, fees, and essential forms along the way. Clear and straight to the point, the book explains how to: - choose the best business structure - write an effective business plan - file the right forms in the right place - price, bid and bill your projects - draft and use contracts, online and off - manage your finances - be prepared for, and file, required taxes - reach customers online - and much more This edition is includes the latest forms and legal information that your business needs, including the latest sales tax rates by county, California-specific registration forms, and fees. Plus, read expanded discussions on using technology to manage bookkeeping, how social media can be used to promote your business, and employing the latest techniques in search engine optimization to drive traffic to your website. Not a California resident? Check out The Small Business Start-Up Kit.
Start your business with confidence using the best step-by-step guide available! Many people dream of running a business of their own -- but often don't know how or where to start. User-friendly and loaded with tips, The Small Business Start-Up Kit shows you how to launch a business quickly, easily and with confidence. It explains in plain English how to: ·choose the best business structure ·write an effective business plan ·file the right forms in the right place ·price, bid, and bill your projects ·draft and use contracts, online and off ·manage your finances ·be prepared for, and file, required taxes ·reach customers online This edition of The Small Business Start-Up Kit has been fully updated to reflect the latest changes to the law and includes all the updated forms, business planning spreadsheets, and the instructions you need to fill them out. Plus, read expanded discussions on using technology to manage bookkeeping, how social media can be used to promote your business, and employing the latest techniques in search engine optimization to drive traffic to your website. Are you a California resident? Check out The Small Business Start-Up Kit for California.
Pakroo is a media and communications consultant, specializing in start-up issues for businesses and nonprofits; she holds a law degree, and has been editing and writing for Nolo since 1996. Written for anyone who is considering starting a nonprofit or reorganizing an existing group, her text explains all of the practical steps of starting and running a nonprofit, including naming and structuring the organization, developing a strategic plan and budget, the board of directors, staff and volunteers, fund-raising, risk management and insurance, contracts and agreements, marketing, publishing informational materials, financial management, and hiring professionals such as lawyers, tax advisers, and bookkeepers. Forms and checklists are included in an appendix.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.