- Table View
- List View
Start a business in California with the best step-by-step guide available! If you dream of starting a business, but fear that without an MBA you'll get lost in government red tape, this is the handbook you need. The Small Business Start-Up Kit for California outlines how to set up your enterprise in the Golden State quickly and easily, pointing out the hurdles, fees, and essential forms along the way. Clear and straight to the point, the book explains how to: - choose the best business structure - write an effective business plan - file the right forms in the right place - price, bid and bill your projects - draft and use contracts, online and off - manage your finances - be prepared for, and file, required taxes - reach customers online - and much more This edition is includes the latest forms and legal information that your business needs, including the latest sales tax rates by county, California-specific registration forms, and fees. Plus, read expanded discussions on using technology to manage bookkeeping, how social media can be used to promote your business, and employing the latest techniques in search engine optimization to drive traffic to your website. Not a California resident? Check out The Small Business Start-Up Kit.
Start your business with confidence using the best step-by-step guide available! Many people dream of running a business of their own -- but often don't know how or where to start. User-friendly and loaded with tips, The Small Business Start-Up Kit shows you how to launch a business quickly, easily and with confidence. It explains in plain English how to: ·choose the best business structure ·write an effective business plan ·file the right forms in the right place ·price, bid, and bill your projects ·draft and use contracts, online and off ·manage your finances ·be prepared for, and file, required taxes ·reach customers online This edition of The Small Business Start-Up Kit has been fully updated to reflect the latest changes to the law and includes all the updated forms, business planning spreadsheets, and the instructions you need to fill them out. Plus, read expanded discussions on using technology to manage bookkeeping, how social media can be used to promote your business, and employing the latest techniques in search engine optimization to drive traffic to your website. Are you a California resident? Check out The Small Business Start-Up Kit for California.
Pakroo is a media and communications consultant, specializing in start-up issues for businesses and nonprofits; she holds a law degree, and has been editing and writing for Nolo since 1996. Written for anyone who is considering starting a nonprofit or reorganizing an existing group, her text explains all of the practical steps of starting and running a nonprofit, including naming and structuring the organization, developing a strategic plan and budget, the board of directors, staff and volunteers, fund-raising, risk management and insurance, contracts and agreements, marketing, publishing informational materials, financial management, and hiring professionals such as lawyers, tax advisers, and bookkeepers. Forms and checklists are included in an appendix.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.