- Table View
- List View
A brilliant, darkly comic reimagining of Kafka's classic tale of family, alienation, and a giant bug.Acclaimed graphic artist Peter Kuper presents a kinetic illustrated adaptation of Franz Kafka's The Metamorphosis. Kuper's electric drawings--where American cartooning meets German expressionism--bring Kafka's prose to vivid life, reviving the original story's humor and poignancy in a way that will surprise and delight readers of Kafka and graphic novels alike.From the Hardcover edition.
"In their passionate intensity these drawings are as emotionally poignant as the very best war work that Paul Nash or Nevinson ever produced, while technically the broad lines and heavy blacks of Mr. Szüts have a sledge-hammer mastery which is more akin to the work of Forain and Steinlen."-The Sunday Times (London).The pen, ink, and wash images of this graphic novel speak louder than words in relating a soldier's experiences during World War I. My War, a dramatic narrative by Hungarian veteran Szegedi Szüts, portrays the tragedy of wartime life on the battlefield as well as on the home front. With pathos and grim humor, more than 200 images trace a young recruit's progress from initial enthusiasm to ultimate disillusionment. Includes new Foreword by Peter Kuper.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.