- Table View
- List View
I was thirteen when I first saw Anastasia, the Ingrid Bergman film based on the life of Anna Anderson, the woman who claimed to be the only surviving daughter of the Tsar of Russia. Time and research have blurred my memory of the initial experience, but I do recall my mother remarking offhandedly, "You know that's a true story, don't you? Sort of ..." At the time, I didn't know anything at all about the life and mysterious death of the last Romanovs, nor, when I began to read about it, did the question of Anna Anderson's true identity interest me nearly so much as the larger drama of Nicholas and Alexandra, the Rasputin scandal, and the bloody progress of the Bolshevik Revolution. In the first place, I knew that Mrs. Anderson was not the only claimant to the name and title of the Tsar's daughter, that there had been other "Anastasias," would-be Tsarevitches and any number of pseudo-grand duchesses ever since the brutal murder of the Tsar and his family at Ekaterinburg in 1918.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.