250 Poems offers a wide and well-balanced selection of chronologically arranged poems, supported by succinct, practical editorial features.
The central aim of this book is to foster habits and skills of critical thinking. The third edition makes the book even more inclusive and accessible than the first and second editions. A unique feature of this book is its appendix on reading critical essays, which provides practical instruction on how to approach and read the academic essay, a genre that in itself is unfamiliar to many students, and which students may be asked to use as sources in their own writing.
This wide-ranging introduction to poetry blends theoretical considerations with a thorough introduction to the elements of poetry, offering alternative perspectives from which to approach and engage with a poem.
The third edition of Literature: A Portable Anthology presents, in a compact and highly affordable format, an ample and flexible choice of fiction, poetry, and drama for introductory literature courses. Arranged chronologically by genre, the stories, poems, and plays are complemented by editorial matter that offers enough help for students learning to think, read, and write about literature, without interfering with their enjoyment of the literary works.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.