- Table View
- List View
Do you really need to know if your daughter has tasted beer or your son has had his first kiss? Probably not. Teens keep secrets. They need this privacy to resolve their own dilemmas, make their own decisions, and start down the road to becoming independent, responsible adults. Although parents can't (and shouldn't) know everything, they are right to worry about giving their children too much freedom, since teens can be attracted to dangerous behaviors. Parenting teenagers means allowing them the freedom to explore, make mistakes, learn, and keep moving forward. Dr. Peter Sheras, an expert in adolescent development, has taught countless parents how to know when to step back, when to ask questions, and when to take definitive action. In I Can't Believe You Went Through My Stuff! he explains how pushing for information or attempting to keep teens confined in too small a box will undoubtedly result in anger, resentment, and worst of all a penchant for trouble. The book includes solid, practical advice on: How you can learn more about your teenager's life without invading his privacy or losing her trust How to start a conversation when your teen won't talk What to do about lying, whether it's infrequent or often How to discuss family rules and establish consequences that really work How to tell if your teen needs professional help and where to find it I Can't Believe You Went Through My Stuff! will give you the key to keeping your teenager safe while building a trusting, warm, and communicative relationship.
Does your relationship feel stale, stalled and strained? Have you tried, and failed, to sustain a successful connection with a partner?Clinical psychologists Peter Sheras and Phyllis Koch-Sheras have helped thousands of people rejuvenate their relationships to create a meaningful and deeply fulfilling love. Their effective 4-step "Couple Power" program is based on a dramatic shift in the way in which relationships are viewed-where the couple is seen as an entity in and of itself, greater than the sum of its individual parts.Discover the 4 Cs of Lifelong Love, and learn how to:- Commit by creating a common vision for you and your partner.- Cooperate to achieve the committed vision that you both have for your relationship.- Communicate to serve your common vision, not just to meet your own needs.- Create communities of other couples who can support and help nurture your relationship.Filled with examples based on the authors' experience as clinical psychologists, as well as their 35-year marriage, Lifelong Love provides the tools you and your partner need to create the profoundly satisfying and lasting relationship of your dreams.
What can you say to a son who comes home day after day complaining of being threatened or hit or worse? What if your daughter is clearly the victim of vicious teasing but doesn't even want to talk about it? What should you do when you suspect your child may, in fact, be the bully? Your Child: Bully or Victim? offers hands-on help for parents to stop bullying before it becomes serious, including how to: Recognize the many forms abuse can take -- from playground name-calling to chat room cyber-slamming. Detect whether your child is a victim of bullying and empower him to protect himself. Combat such common (and dangerous) myths as "Boys will be boys..." and "Just ignore them and they'll go away." Help your child know what to do when he witnesses an incident. Know when it's time to step in and talk to other parents or teachers in order to protect your child -- what to say and how to say it.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.