- Table View
- List View
Whether it is at first sight, develops over time with a close friend, or it hits you like a ton of bricks--falling in love is a lyrical life-changing event. "Chicken Soup for the Soul: Love Stories" will transport you to the moments of your life that were filled with devotion and unconditional love. Who can forget what it feels like to walk on air, share private jokes, and ponder over intimate moments? This collection of stories is sure to rouse the inner romantic in your heart, with stories of long-lost love rekindled in the twilight of life, young love discovered, and love that truly lasts forever. But this book will also remind you of the everlasting love between friends, family, and parents and children. Stories peppered throughout celebrate the vastness of love in all its many forms, including the story of one woman who is able to endure a painful illness because of the unconditional love and affection she receives from her cat, and the story about the love shared between father and daughter when he returns from overseas, as well as stories about love found in surprising ways by women and men who thought their time for romantic love had passed. "Chicken Soup for the Soul: Love Stories" will take you back to your most cherished memories and inspire you to create a few more.
Chicken Soup for the Beach Lover's Soul: Memories Made Beside a Bonfire, on the Boardwalk and with Family Friendsby Jack Canfield Mark Victor Hansen Patty Aubery Peter Vegso
Open your heart to the magic found at the water's edge. There are places we can go to enjoy time with friends, to have an action-packed vacation, or to enjoy a little solitude, but none of them have the same ability to soothe our souls as the beach.
Chicken Soup for the Horse Lover's Soul II: Inspirational Tales of Passion, Achievement and Devotionby Jack Canfield Mark Victor Hansen Marty Becker Peter Vegso Theresa Peluso Teresa Becker
You Know You're A Horse Lover When ... If you won a snazzy new sports car in the lottery you'd trade it in for a pickup truck with a towing package. Your paycheck barely covers your food bill but all your horses eat premium foods. All the other girls were designing their dream home, you were designing your dream barn. You spend far more on your riding clothes than on the rest of your wardrobe. You call the vet when a horse just looks cross-eyed but a family member has to be on their death bed before you take them to see the doctor. Your barn is cleaner than your house. You are better at braiding your horse's tail than your daughter's hair. You've stopped at more stables than museums while on vacation. You cringe at paying five bucks for lunch but don't blink at spending twenty or thirty on a riding lesson. You can't eat a carrot or apple without feeling guilty about not sharing it with your horse. Your significant other says, "It's me or the horses," and you hesitate . . . You pay more to board your horses than you do for your hotel room.
Chicken Soup for the Horse Lover's Soul: Inspirational Stories about Horses and the People Who Love Themby Jack Canfield Mark Victor Hansen Marty Becker Gary Seidler Peter Vegso Theresa Peluso
From the Book Jacket You Know You're a Horse Lover When... You accessorize your hairstyle with pieces of hay. You examine every piece of rope or twine for its halter potential. You think a great vacation is spending a long weekend in front of a horse trailer by a dusty arena. You spend more money on horseshoes than on your own shoes. You always keep carrots, apples and sugar cubes in your pocket. You prefer the smell of a stable to cologne. You sleep with your boots on and count horses to fall asleep. Your laugh begins to sound like a horse whinny. Instead of giving someone directions to turn "left" or "right," you tell them to "gee" or "haw." You still have your childhood horse statues in your bedroom. Your favorite outfit is made of leather and includes whips and spurs. You talk to your horse more than you talk to your spouse. You spend more time at the feed store than the grocery store. If you can relate to any of these sentiments, this book is for you! Even if you've never been near a horse, but have always admired them from afar, you'll love these stories celebrating and honoring these noble creatures. Share a copy of Chicken . Soup for the Horse Lover's Soul with a horse-loving friend. You'll both be "whinnying" for more!
Chicken Soup for the Recovering Soul: Your Personal, Portable Support Group with Stories of Healing, Hope, Love and Resilienceby Jack Canfield Mark Victor Hansen Robert J. Ackerman Theresa Peluso Gary Seidler Peter Vegso
CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE RECOVERING SOUL deals with such diverse subjects as eating disorders, abuse within relationships, chronic pain, and living with diabetes.
This book is filled with stories of people going out of their way to help others during tragic times. Readers will discover, firsthand, the compassion, empathy, and generosity that still exists in today's world. It is a celebration of the people in the world neighbors, friends, perfect strangers who care and make a difference in the lives of others.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.