- Table View
- List View
How to Get Money for College is a great resource for anyone looking to supplement his or her federal financial aid package with aid from colleges and universities. This comprehensive directory points you to complete and accurate information on need-based and non-need gift aid, loans, work-study, athletic awards, and more. The unique and easy-to-use Colleges-at-a-Glance comparison chart lists the full costs that can be expected, aid packages, and more for each of more than 2,100 four-year colleges and universities, organized by state. SELLING POINTS: Profiles of more than 2,100 schools' financial aid awards, including types of aid, percentages of students applying for and receiving aid, and average aid packages Unique Colleges-at-a-Glance Cost Chart for easy comparison of costs, aid packages, graduates' average indebtedness, and more-found in no other guides Comprehensive overview of the financial aid process, common financial aid questions, samples of financial aid award letters, and how to file the FAFSA and CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE Â® State-by-state listing of state-funded scholarship and grant programs Indexes include Non-Need Scholarships for Undergraduates, Athletic Grants for Undergraduates, Co-op Programs, ROTC Programs, Tuitions Waivers, and Tuition Payment Plans
Peterson's Official Guide to Mastering the DSST Exams helps nontraditional students earn college credits for life and learning experiences, with diagnostic tests, subject review, and post-tests (with detailed answer explanations) for each of the 8 most popular DSST exams: Ethics in America, Introduction to Computing, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse, Business Math, Principles of Public Speaking, Fundamentals of College Algebra, and Technical Writing. Peterson's Official Guide to Mastering the DSST Exams is the only prep guide endorsed by PrometricTM, the DSST program provider, which found this study guide to be an excellent reflection of the content of the respective DSST tests.
Peterson's Scholarships, Grants & Prizes contains comprehensive profiles of millions of awards worth billions of dollars --the resource for anyone looking for private aid to help finance a college education. This valuable resource provides up-to-date information on millions of privately funded awards available to college students. It contains detailed profiles of awards, based on ethnic heritage, talent, employment experience, military service, and other categories, that are available from private sources, such as foundations, corporations, and religious and civic organizations.
Peterson's Two-Year Colleges 2011 includes information on nearly 2,000 accredited two-year undergraduate institutions in the United States and Canada, as well as some international schools. It also includes scores of detailed two-page descriptions written by admissions personnel. College-bound students and their parents can research two-year colleges and universities for information on campus setting, enrollment, majors, expenses, student-faculty ratio, application deadline, and contact information. SELLING POINTS: Helpful articles on what you need to know about two-year colleges: advice on transferring and returning to school for adult students; how to survive standardized tests; what international students need to know about admission to U. S. colleges; and how to manage paying for college State-by-state summary table allows comparison of institutions by a variety of characteristics, including enrollment, application requirements, types of financial aid available, and numbers of sports and majors offered Informative data profiles for nearly 2,000 institutions, listed alphabetically by state (and followed by other countries) with facts and figures on majors, academic programs, student life, standardized tests, financial aid, and applying and contact information Exclusive two-page in-depth descriptions written by college administrators for Peterson's Indexes offering valuable information on associate degree programs at two-year colleges and four-year colleges-easy to search alphabetically
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.