- Table View
- List View
Thrifty living can become a fascinating way of life. The thrifty person learns to look out for opportunities to save money at home, at work, at play and while traveling, relaxing and shopping. As you become more skilled at being thrifty, there is enormous satisfaction, not just in the savings made, but in the ability to spot and exploit the opportunities. Almost everybody could benefit from reading this book. Anyone on a tight budget can make substantial savings by learning its lessons. For example, elderly and retired people living on pensions, who are not as well off as they once were; students struggling to make ends meet; parents with offspring of any age, who have dozens of calls on their income until the children finish their education; high earning young professionals with no personal commitments who find they are suddenly in debt through credit card overspending. All these people will find invaluable suggestions here. Some will want to monitor and record their successes and savings. Others will simply want to follow the ideas and guidelines and reap the benefits in a less formal way. In any event, thrifty living can be both satisfying and fruitful at one level and, if nothing else, prevent you from getting into serious financial trouble.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.