Television Production and Broadcast Journalism provides students with basic technical skills necessary to enter the television production industry as a production assistant, and introduces broadcast journalism theory. The text provides an overview of the equipment, job responsibilities, andtechniques involved in both traditional studio production and remote location work. The activities and processes involved in each phase of production are presented and reinforced with realistic examples, numerous photos showing students in actual production situations, and engaging studentactivities. Broadcast journalism coverage includes ethics and news judgment, types of stories, news writing, preparing news packages, and conducting interviews. The broadcast journalism topics address skills and qualities required in the industry, but also incorporate classroom-appropriate standards andpractices.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.