The stars are hiding, all but one. Good morning, good morning, good morning, sun. Greetings sun. Greetings breeze.
Moo, moo, brown cow! Have you any milk?"Yes, sir, yes, sir," smooth as silk.Does milk make me sleepy before I go to bed?"Yes, sir, yes, sir," the brown cow said.There's something about this well-known and well-loved nursery rhyme! Clever new verses not found in the original offer charming new critters and gently teach young readers a little something along the way. In verses that mimic the original Baa Baa Black Sheep cadence, a plucky young boy asks each of the farm friends he encounters about the gifts they give us, all in preparation for a bedtime snack and a dream-filled sleep. And as the sun begins to set and the animals prepare to "dream the whole night through of flowers to sip, grass to chew," the little boy asks the animals one last question.Whether read aloud or sung, this picture book can be a rollicking tale or a perfect lulling bedtime story.Author Phillis Gershator and illustrator Giselle Potter weave together melodic rhyme and folksy illustrations to transport children to a place of discovery and cozy contentment in this delectable read-aloud.
It's summer, and a little girl likes moving into an old country house with a cranberry bog, a bullfrog creek, and farm animals that live down the road. But when fall comes, it's time to pack up and move again--all the way across the country to a new house in a new place with new friends and new adventures.
Tells how an older brother comes to terms with the arrival of a baby.
A rose is a rose And everything grows-- When summer is summer is summer. What is summer? For many children summer is lemonade and salty air, baseball and ice cream, fireflies and starry nights, and much, much more. Join four friends as they explore the outdoor world of summer and all its sensory pleasures.
Down, down goes the sun And down in the sea, Fish find a safe place to hide. In this rhythmic springtime tale, animals of all kinds get ready to sleep. As the sun sets, fish find a place to hide, cats curl up, and sheep huddle in their wool coats. Still, not everyone is asleep. The minnow, the kitten, the lamb--and one little boy--are all awake (but not for long!).
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.