- Table View
- List View
Pregnant, widow Sarah Hadley is sailing to England to give birth to her son when her ship is captured by American Privateer, Captain Chris MacLeod. He takes her prisoner and is determined to win her heart. But Sarah is equally determined to loath him. They come together, only to become divided by their loyalties during the revolutionary war.
TERMS OF SURRENDER When Marc Aragon saw the half-naked blonde climbing out of the window of a San Francisco brothel, the handsome sea captain happily caught the delightful bundle of golden curls and silken flesh in his arms. But he ended up with more than he'd counted on, for the lovely runaway claimed she'd lost her memory and begged him to help her trace the mystery of her past. Marc wanted to believe her tale of innocence, but one taste of her sweet, red lips assured him she was no novice in the ways of passion. So he made her a proposition that would be mutually beneficial-he would be her protector... She would be his lover! RULES OF CONQUEST The desperate beauty was infuriated by Marc's arrogant terms. But she had no money, no memory of home-she wouldn't even have a name if the rugged Californio hadn't decided to call her April. She vowed to be cold and unresponsive in his bed-he deserved no more-but soon found herself unable to resist the deliciously persuasive masterful, conquering kisses, the searingly intimate embraces that promised her there could be no greater passion, no wilder love.
A TOWN DIVIDED ... Divorced city planner Leigh Bowman drove south from Santa Barbara to sun-drenched Mirasol with dreams of starting over. She'd begin by helping to transform the decaying town into a dazzling resort. A WOMAN TORN . . . In Mirasol, seductive Jonathan Reid shows Leigh what it means to be a woman again ... even as his own hidden agenda threatens to destroy all she is working to achieve. TWO HEARTS ON FIRE Leigh knows she can't have both the man and the dream. But as she starts to uncover the secrets simmering beneath the surface of this tranquil California town, she will discover the sensual magic of a man's passion ... on a night when desire flames into glorious love.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.