- Table View
- List View
In this book Gobetti explains his idea of "liberal revolution": the constitution of local groups committed to democratic agitation. Gobetti studied Russian and translated several works by the author/playwright Andreiev, and he wrote essays on the Russian Revolution and theater criticism for Gramsci's journal, Ordine Nuovo. He gained his degree in jurisprudence in 1922. With the advent of Mussolini came Gobetti's penned defiance, earning the writer beatings and jailings that compelled him into French exile. He died from illness only days after arriving in Paris. This collection of 35 essays is divided in four: Men, women, and ideas (Gobetti discusses such figures as Trotsky, Woodrow Wilson, Henry Ford, Gramsci and Rosa Luxemburg); Our liberalism; Socialism and communism; and Fascism and the missed liberal revolution. Readers are likely to be impressed with the young Gobetti's knowledge of history, a necessary tool to forge what he calls a "consciousness of the state." Includes an extensive introduction.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.