- Table View
- List View
This brief investigates distributed medium access control (MAC) with QoS provisioning for both single- and multi-hop wireless networks including wireless local area networks (WLANs), wireless ad hoc networks, and wireless mesh networks. For WLANs, an efficient MAC scheme and a call admission control algorithm are presented to provide guaranteed QoS for voice traffic and, at the same time, increase the voice capacity significantly compared with the current WLAN standard. In addition, a novel token-based scheduling scheme is proposed to provide great flexibility and facility to the network service provider for service class management. Also proposed is a novel busy-tone based distributed MAC scheme for wireless ad hoc networks and a collision-free MAC scheme for wireless mesh networks, respectively, taking the different network characteristics into consideration. The proposed schemes enhance the QoS provisioning capability to real-time traffic and, at the same time, significantly improve the system throughput and fairness performance for data traffic, as compared with the most popular IEEE 802.11 MAC scheme.
Nanoscale science and engineering, which deal with size-dependent properties and phenomenon at nanometer scale, are unveiling new mechanisms that scientists must rely on heavily at the present time to achieve efficient and sustainable chemical processing technologies. In Nanoscale Biocatalysis: Methods and Protocols, expert researchers in the field contribute detailed methodologies and procedures that have been developed from recent research in this burgeoning area of nanoscale technology-enabled biocatalysis. The volume opens with concepts in preparing unique and dynamic protein structures for biocatalysis, then moves on to cover methods for preparation of enzyme assembles or complexes that maintain molecular-like Brownian mobility, the development of protein-nanostructure complexes using carbon nanotubes (CNTs) and nanoparticles, as well as methodologies that have great potential for scale-up preparation of nano-structured biocatalysts. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular BiologyTM series format, chapters include brief introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and vital tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and cutting-edge, Nanoscale Biocatalysis: Methods and Protocols is an ideal guide to the new wave of development in nearly all the major areas of science and engineering brought about by this fascinating and greatly promising area of study.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.