- Table View
- List View
The marriage of Mona and Shawn Black was dominated by infidelity and lies. Now the drama that nearly tore them apart seems to have passed on to the next generation. Their children, Alex and Ashley, are in their second year at UCLA, and life is not simple for either one of them. Now that he knows Shawn Black is not his biological father, Alex is busy searching for the identity of his birth father. Unbeknownst to him, his sister Ashley seems to have inherited a destructive trait from this mystery man--using people's secrets to get what she's unwilling to work hard for. After the death of his lover, Wallace returns to California. He's on a mission to reconcile with the family that threw him out when he was eighteen, as well as to uncover information about his deceased partner. Who was the real James Parks, and why did he come to such an untimely demise? Wallace discovers shocking secrets that reveal a connection with James that he never knew he had. College professors Grace and David Andrews are a married couple keeping secrets from each other. This is no run-of-the-mill marital infidelity, though. David doesn't know that his someone-on-the-side shares a painful link to Grace's past. If the truth is revealed, it could send everyone down a path to certain devastation. One man has had a hand in the fate of every one of these characters. His actions have resulted in the dismemberment of three families. Now that the loose ends have begun to unravel, will any of them be able to pull their lives back together?
Kraig Holmes is a hard-working independent contractor living in Baltimore. He's an average guy--with one exception. A painful secret haunts him daily. Kraig had a one-time sexual experience with a man he knew little about. It propelled him into a lifestyle of promiscuity and an insatiable appetite for dangerous sex. When the guy disappeared into thin air, Kraig was left hurt and devastated. Now Kraig has developed a taste for the married men who pursue him while he's working on their homes. When his sexual escapades spiral out of control and out into the open, he quickly tries to get things under wraps. Then the unexpected happens--a chance encounter with his one night stand from college. Kraig is hurt when he discovers the man doesn't even remember him. Kraig vows to set up the man who turned him out and disappeared. What Kraig doesn't know is that his "victim" isn't the lay-down-and-take-it type. He has a few cards up his sleeve that will deliver damaging blows to Kraig's life. When it's all said and done, the truth with be revealed, and there will be consequences. M. T. Pope delivers another hot, scandalous tale full of lust, infidelity, and over-the-top drama.
Private Kyle Sullivan is a happily married man who thinks he's left his homosexual experiences in his past. What he didn't count on was the high-ranking officer who forces a sexual relationship with him. After breaking off a relationship with her abusive girlfriend, Lauren Burns has finally made her dreams come true by becoming a member of the U. S. Army. Anji Foster is looking at her entrance into the military as a way out of her small town and a place to meet lots of men. What will happen when these two very different women cross paths? Sky Love is engaged to be married to a handsome and wealthy man, but she's not ready to let go of her woman on the side. Lela is willing to keep their secret because if it gets out, she's not sure how her fellow soldiers will react. When Four Star General Orpheus Beauregard Roulette III finally acts upon the homosexual urges he's been suppressing for years, he gets more than he bargained for. Now he finds himself caught between the crosshairs of his scorned wife and the young man who's blackmailing him. The Don't Ask, Don't Tell law may have been repealed, but what if there are some members of the U. S. armed forces who still have reasons to keep their sexuality a secret? Urban Books authors M. T. Pope, Tina Brooks McKinney, Brenda Hampton, and Terry E. Hill explore this subject with their own trademark dramatic style.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.