- Table View
- List View
Shimer shows how to gain fitness by making use of your personal need for pleasure and happiness, and how to change habits without taking the enjoyment out of life.
In the tradition of Black Dog & Leventhal's successful Chinese Natural Cures, Healing Secrets of the Native Americans brings the age-old knowledge and trusted techniques of Native-American healing to a wider audience. From this clear, reliable, and beautifully packaged book, learn how Native Americans have used the bountiful gifts of nature to heal the mind, the body, and the spirit. Discover how the Native-American tradition uses plants and herbs, heat, movement and sound, visualization, and spirituality to heal dozens of everyday ailments and illnesses--from back pain to insect bites to flu and sore throat and much more. Broken into sections, the book covers such topics as "The Healing Spirit" (including dream therapy, spirituality, and prayer), "The Native American Spa" (healing with heat, massage, sound and movement, and nutrition), "The Native American Pharmacy" (including more than 40 herbs and plants, how to obtain them, and how to use them), plus remedies for more than 40 ailments from acne to wrinkles.
Discover New Ways to Cope with Alzheimer'sNow all those impacted by Alzheimer's disease can improve their quality of life, starting today. This helpful book dispels the myths and clearly lays out the truth about Alzheimer's and offers practical solutions for not only those who have the disease, but also their families and their caregivers. Inside, you'll uncover a new world of hope and the latest information on: ·The signs, symptoms, and proper diagnosis of Alzheimer's ·Living with Alzheimer's and providing the best possible care ·Cutting-edge research, including advances in biotechnology and genetics ·The latest conventional drugs and effective natural treatments, such as Ginkgo biloba and huperzine-A ·And much, much more!From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.