- Table View
- List View
Get the very most out of the ArcGIS for Desktop products through ArcObjects and .NETArcGIS for Desktop is a powerful suite of software tools for creating and using maps, compiling, analyzing and sharing geographic information, using maps and geographic information in applications, and managing geographic databases. But getting the hang of ArcGIS for Desktop can be a bit tricky, even for experienced programmers. Core components of ArcGIS platform is called ArcObjects. This book first introduce you the whole ArcGIS platform and the opportunities for development using various programming languages. Then it focuses on ArcGIS for Desktop applications and makes you familiar with ArcObjects from .NET point of view. Whether you are an ArcGIS user with no background in programming or a programmer without experience with the ArcGIS platform, this book arms you with everything you need to get going with ArcGIS for Desktop development using .NET?right away. Written by a leading expert in geospatial information system design and development, it provides concise, step-by-step guidance, illustrated with best-practices examples, along with plenty of ready-to-use source code. In no time you?ll progress from .NET programming basics to understanding the full suite of ArcGIS tools and artefacts to customising and building your own commands, tools and extensions?all the way through application deployment. Among other things, you?ll learn to:Object-Oriented and Interface-based programming in .NET (C# and VB.NET) Finding relationship between classes and interfaces using object model diagramsQuerying dataVisualizing geographical data using various renderingCreating various kinds of Desktop Add-Ins Performing foreground and background geoprocessingLearn how to improve your productivity with ArcGIS for Desktop and Beginning ArcGIS for Desktop Development Using .NET
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.