- Table View
- List View
Prentice Hall Literature: Penguin Edition is designed to build the pedagogical integrity of the program and to ensure its relevance for today's teachers and students.
Algebra 1 textbook for Arkansas.
Mathematics is a powerful tool with far-reaching applications in daily life. We have designed a unique and engaging program that will enable you to tap into the power of mathematics and develop lifelong skills. As you will discover, mathematics is all around us!
This text will help you be successful on the tests you take in class and on high-stakes tests required by Virginia state. The practice in each lesson will prepare you for the format as well as for the content of these tests.
Here is a complete list of the Louisiana Mathematics Standards, Benchmarks, and Grade-Level Expectations for grade 10. The sample test questions and explanations are provided to help you get an idea of what you are expected to learn this year.
As you work through this book, you'll find plenty of opportunities to improve your problem solving and reasoning skills. Some of the problems you'll work through are simple and routine, so you can practice and develop your skills. Other problems are more complex and require more time and thought to complete. No matter what, you'll find plenty of opportunities to use your skills in everyday life as well as in theoretical situations.
What do you think of when you hear the words building blocks? Perhaps your mid drifts back to a younger age when you may have spent a good deal of time playing with wooden or plastic building blocks.
A book of Science Explorer on animals, that includes Sponges, Cnidarians, and Worms, Mollusks, Arthropods, and Echinoderms, Fishes, Amphibians, and Reptiles, Birds and Mammals, Animal Behavior, Reference Section/Skills Handbook, Visual exploration of concepts, Everyday application of science concepts, Practice of specific science inquiry skills, etc.
Leonard Strachan always knew he wanted to be an stronomer. "The funny thins is: I thought I'd be nighttime astronomer with a telescope. I go up on a mountain and study the stars at night."
In this book you get to learn about the earth, moon, sun, the solar system, stars, galaxies, and the universe.
Workbook to accompany textbook on astronomy.
The contents of this book are: Introduction to Matter; Solids, Liquids, and Gases; Elements and the Periodic Table; Exploring Materials.
Prentice Hall Science Explorer: Earth Science contains unit lessons on Exploring Planet Earth, Earth's Changing Surface, Earth's Waters, Weather and Climate, and Astronomy.
This book contains chapters on Mapping Earth's Surface, Weathering and Soil Formation, Erosion and Deposition and A Trip Through Geologic Time.
All organisms are made of small building blocks called cells. A cell is the basic unit of structure and function in an organism. The smallest cells are so tiny that you could fit over a million of them on the period at the end of this sentence.
This edition contains unit lessons on Exploring Planet Earth, Earth's Changing Surface, Earth's Waters, Weather and Climate and Astronomy. Reference Section and Skills Handbook are additional features.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.