- Table View
- List View
Leonard Strachan always knew he wanted to be an stronomer. "The funny thins is: I thought I'd be nighttime astronomer with a telescope. I go up on a mountain and study the stars at night."
In this book you get to learn about the earth, moon, sun, the solar system, stars, galaxies, and the universe.
Workbook to accompany textbook on astronomy.
The contents of this book are: Introduction to Matter; Solids, Liquids, and Gases; Elements and the Periodic Table; Exploring Materials.
Prentice Hall Science Explorer: Earth Science contains unit lessons on Exploring Planet Earth, Earth's Changing Surface, Earth's Waters, Weather and Climate, and Astronomy.
This book contains chapters on Mapping Earth's Surface, Weathering and Soil Formation, Erosion and Deposition and A Trip Through Geologic Time.
All organisms are made of small building blocks called cells. A cell is the basic unit of structure and function in an organism. The smallest cells are so tiny that you could fit over a million of them on the period at the end of this sentence.
This edition contains unit lessons on Exploring Planet Earth, Earth's Changing Surface, Earth's Waters, Weather and Climate and Astronomy. Reference Section and Skills Handbook are additional features.
This Study Workbook contains Introduction to Earth Science, Mapping Earth's Surface, Minerals, Rocks, Plate Tectonics, Earthquakes, Volcanoes, Weathering and Soil Formation, Erosion and Deposition, A Trip through Geologic Time, Energy Resources, Fresh Water, Ocean Motions, Ocean Zones, The Atmosphere, Weather Factors, Weather Patterns, Climate and Climate Change, Earth, Moon, and Sun, The Solar System, and Stars, Galaxies, and the Universe.
Science Explorer helps middle grade students improve their scientific skills and is also aligned with the National Science Education Standards.
North Carolina's Standard Course of Study for Science tells you what content and processes you are expected to master. The Standard Course of Study is organized by Competency Goals, with each goal divided into Objectives. When you see these Objectives at the beginning of each chapter, you'll notice that they have been shortened to a brief phrase.
The state of Texas has established standards describing science knowledge and skills for which students are responsible. These standards are known as the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills, or TEKS. State assessments of student achievement in science are based on these TEKS. The Grade 7 TEKS are listed below. The chapter references show where the content and skills are addressed in this textbook. An individual TEKS may be addressed in more than one chapter. Some chapters address only a part of a TEKS.
Educational material on exploring Science which include Physical Systems-- Matter and Energy, Light and the Universe, Earth Systems, Human Activities and Earth Systems, Human Activities and Earth Systems, Genetics and Interdependence Among Living Systems and also a Reference Section.
The contencts of "Science Explorer: Weather and Climate" include: Target Reading Skills Handbook, The Atmosphere, Weather Factors, Weather Patterns, Climate and Climate Change, etc.
This book contains almost all there is to learn about heat from heat engines, thermal pollution, cooling systems, insulation, heating systems, uses of heat, thermal expansion, heat & phase changes, measuring heat to temperature & heat.
Textbook on human biology and health.
In this textbook one will begin their own kind of voyage to discover the nature of materials that form the universe--the matter inside and around.
Among topics covered in this book include: motion, forces, fluids, machines, forms, changes, etc.
Prentice Hall Writing and Grammar: Communication in Action (Grade 10, Platinum Level, Texas edition)by Prentice Hall
The EOC and TAAS English Language Arts are not tests on specific reading selections you have studied in the classroom. Rather, these tests measure your skills in general: comprehension and analysis skills, grammar skills, proofreading skills, and writing skills.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.