- Table View
- List View
Throughout your study of science, you will learn a variety of terms, facts, figures, and concepts. Each new topic you encounter will provide its own collection of words and ideas--which, at times, you may think seem endless.
Throughout your study of science, you will learn a variety of terms, facts, figures, and concepts. Each new topic you encounter will provide its own collection of words and ideas--which, at times, you may think seem endless. But each of the ideas within a particular topic is related in some way to the others. No concept in science is isolated. Thus it will help you to understand the topic if you see the whole picture; that is, the interconnectedness of all the individual terms and ideas. This is a much more effective and satisfying way of learning than memorizing separate facts.
Prentice Hall Mathematics introduces basic mathematics concepts offering the reader access to basic skills.
This volume will enable students to learn about the geography, history, and cultures of the world from the beginnings of history to our world today.
This book comprises seven units of twenty five chapters and the contents include Characteristics of Living Things, Simple Organisms, Plants, Animals, Human Biology, Heredity and Adaptation, and Ecology.
Pearson Education provides a variety of literacy solutions for teachers and students. Learn more about reading comprehension & writing programs for students at all levels.
Workbook to accompany a language arts textbook.
This text contains valuable resources on the headings of The New Land To 1750, The Revolutionary Period 1750-1800, A Growing Nation 1800-1840, Division, New England Renaissance 1840-1855, War, And Reconciliation 1855-1865, The Modern Age 1915-1946, Contemporary Writers 1946-Present, Handbook of writing about Literature, Handbook of Literary Terms and Techniques, etc.
The contents of this edition are: A Gathering of Voices: Literature of Early America (Beginnings to 1750); A Nation is Born: Early National Literature (1750-1800); A Growing Nation: Nineteenth-Century Literature (1800-1870); Division, Reconciliation, and Expansion: The Age of Realism (1850-1914); Disillusion, Defiance, and Discontent: The Modern Age (1914-1946); Prosperity and Protest: The Contemporary Period (1946-Present) and Resources.
English textbook focusing on British literature.
This Prentice Hall Literature Bronze Level edition is comprised of short stories, nonfiction, drama, poetry, essays, etc., to make reading an enjoyable experience.
Language textbook for 8th graders.
An anthology of literature.
A textbook for children containing short stories. The short stories in this unit are arranged according to the elements of plot, character, point of view, setting, and theme. Plot is the pattern of action in the story, while characters are the people who take part in the action. Point of view is the angle or perspective from which the story is told. Setting consists of where and when the action takes place, and theme is the insight into life revealed by the story. Science fiction, action and adventure, mysteries--you will encounter these types of stories and others in this unit. You will also learn strategies that will help you read short stories with greater appreciation and understanding.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.