- Table View
- List View
This Prentice Hall Literature Bronze Level edition is comprised of short stories, nonfiction, drama, poetry, essays, etc., to make reading an enjoyable experience.
Language textbook for 8th graders.
An anthology of literature.
A textbook for children containing short stories. The short stories in this unit are arranged according to the elements of plot, character, point of view, setting, and theme. Plot is the pattern of action in the story, while characters are the people who take part in the action. Point of view is the angle or perspective from which the story is told. Setting consists of where and when the action takes place, and theme is the insight into life revealed by the story. Science fiction, action and adventure, mysteries--you will encounter these types of stories and others in this unit. You will also learn strategies that will help you read short stories with greater appreciation and understanding.
This Prentice Hall Literature Gold Level edition is comprised of short stories, nonfiction, drama, poetry, essays, etc., to make reading an enjoyable experience.
This edition comprises unit lessons on: Fiction and Nonfiction, Short Stories, Types of Nonfiction, Poetry, Drama, and Themes in Literature.
This custom edition for Virginia is taken from Prentice Hall Literature: Language and Literacy, Grade Seven and the contents are: Fiction and Nonfiction, Short Stories, Types of Nonfiction, Poetry, Drama, Themes in the Oral Tradition. The book includes resources of: Vocabulary Handbook, Literary Handbook, Writing Handbook, and Grammar Handbook.
Michigan's curriculum standards are called the Grade Level Content Expectations (GLCEs), which are part of the Michigan Curriculum Framework. Your English teachers are responsible for helping you master all of the GLCEs for language arts. Here is a sample GLCE for seventh grade as well as a question that tests your understanding of the expectation.
A literature book in accordance to the New York Teaching Standards.
This Ohio Prentice Hall Literature: Penguin Edition comprises Fiction and Nonfiction, Short Stories, Essays and Speeches, Poetry, Drama, Themes in Literature: Heroes and Dreamers, etc to make students read the treasures of literature with pleasure.
Students can use the Reader's Notebook as a guide to learn and practice the skills presented in the student edition of Prentice Hall Literature. In addition, many selections in the student edition are presented in this notebook in an interactive format. The notes and instruction will guide the students in applying the reading and literary skills and in thinking about the selection.
As you read your student edition of Prentice Hall Literature, use the Reader's Notebook to guide you in learning and practicing the skills presented. In, addition, many selections in your student edition are presented here in an interactive format. The notes and instruction will guide you in applying reading and literary skills and in thinking about the selection.
This literature book is in accordance with the Tennessee education standards.
Fiction writing can be inspired by fact or based entirely on the fantastic. All works of fiction, regardless of their content, share certain basic elements.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.