- Table View
- List View
This volume will enable students to learn about the geography, history, and cultures of the world from the beginnings of history to our world today.
This book comprises seven units of twenty five chapters and the contents include Characteristics of Living Things, Simple Organisms, Plants, Animals, Human Biology, Heredity and Adaptation, and Ecology.
Pearson Education provides a variety of literacy solutions for teachers and students. Learn more about reading comprehension & writing programs for students at all levels.
This text contains valuable resources on the headings of The New Land To 1750, The Revolutionary Period 1750-1800, A Growing Nation 1800-1840, Division, New England Renaissance 1840-1855, War, And Reconciliation 1855-1865, The Modern Age 1915-1946, Contemporary Writers 1946-Present, Handbook of writing about Literature, Handbook of Literary Terms and Techniques, etc.
The contents of this edition are: A Gathering of Voices: Literature of Early America (Beginnings to 1750); A Nation is Born: Early National Literature (1750-1800); A Growing Nation: Nineteenth-Century Literature (1800-1870); Division, Reconciliation, and Expansion: The Age of Realism (1850-1914); Disillusion, Defiance, and Discontent: The Modern Age (1914-1946); Prosperity and Protest: The Contemporary Period (1946-Present) and Resources.
English textbook focusing on British literature.
This Prentice Hall Literature Bronze Level edition is comprised of short stories, nonfiction, drama, poetry, essays, etc., to make reading an enjoyable experience.
Language textbook for 8th graders.
An anthology of literature.
A textbook for children containing short stories. The short stories in this unit are arranged according to the elements of plot, character, point of view, setting, and theme. Plot is the pattern of action in the story, while characters are the people who take part in the action. Point of view is the angle or perspective from which the story is told. Setting consists of where and when the action takes place, and theme is the insight into life revealed by the story. Science fiction, action and adventure, mysteries--you will encounter these types of stories and others in this unit. You will also learn strategies that will help you read short stories with greater appreciation and understanding.
This Prentice Hall Literature Gold Level edition is comprised of short stories, nonfiction, drama, poetry, essays, etc., to make reading an enjoyable experience.
This edition comprises unit lessons on: Fiction and Nonfiction, Short Stories, Types of Nonfiction, Poetry, Drama, and Themes in Literature.
This custom edition for Virginia is taken from Prentice Hall Literature: Language and Literacy, Grade Seven and the contents are: Fiction and Nonfiction, Short Stories, Types of Nonfiction, Poetry, Drama, Themes in the Oral Tradition. The book includes resources of: Vocabulary Handbook, Literary Handbook, Writing Handbook, and Grammar Handbook.
Michigan's curriculum standards are called the Grade Level Content Expectations (GLCEs), which are part of the Michigan Curriculum Framework. Your English teachers are responsible for helping you master all of the GLCEs for language arts. Here is a sample GLCE for seventh grade as well as a question that tests your understanding of the expectation.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.