This cohesive treatment of cognitive radio and networking technology integrates information and decision theory to provide insight into relationships throughout all layers of networks and across all wireless applications. It encompasses conventional considerations of spectrum and waveform selection and covers topology determination, routing policies, content positioning and future hybrid architectures that fully integrate wireless and wired services. Emerging flexibility in spectrum regulation and the imminent adoption of spectrum-sharing policies make this topic of immediate relevance both to the research community and to the commercial wireless community. * Features specific examples of decision-making structures and criteria required to extend network density and scaling to unprecedented levels * Integrates sensing, control plane and content operations into a single cohesive structure * Provides simpler and more powerful models of network operation * Presents a unique approach to decision-making and to mechanisms for adjusting control plane activity to ensure network scaling * Generalises the concepts of shared and adaptive spectrum policies * Addresses network transport operations and dynamic management of cognitive wireless networks' own information seeking behaviour
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.