- Table View
- List View
A comprehensive guide to the powerful packaging tool called the "Hook"--a special talent or achievement that leaps off the page of a college application and catches the eye of admissions officers. Competition for entry to the nation's top colleges is at an all-time high--and intensifying every year. Now nationally recognized college consultant and writer Pam Proctor reveals the "packaging" secrets that can help any student maximize the odds of admission to the college of his or her choice. Using real life anecdotes and examples from winning applications, Proctor provides students with a step-by-step program that will enable them to determine and develop their unique "Hook," and then package and market themselves at every stage of the admissions process.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.