- Table View
- List View
Welcome to the world of health care. Health care happens in many places. Nursing assistants work in many of these settings. In each setting similar tasks will be performed. However, each setting is also unique. This textbook will focus on long-term care
Welcome to the world of health care. Health care is a growing field. The healthcare system refers to all the different kinds of providers, facilities, and payers involved in delivering medical care. Providers are people or organizations that provide health care, including doctors, nurses, clinics, and agencies.
The second edition of Hartman Publishing's most comprehensive nursing assistant training textbook includes information on long-term care, as well as multiple chapters on home health care, and some material on subacute and acute care. This edition of the textbook contains: - In-depth information on resident and client rights and special boxes throughout that teach ways to promote independence and prevent abuse and neglect - New information on person-centered care and culture change - Up-to-date, comprehensive material on infection prevention - Many new photos and more website resources - Material on anatomy and physiology with an emphasis on normal changes of aging and observing and reporting - Updated nutrition information on MyPlate, special diets, and feeding techniques - Current information on legal issues, such as HIPAA, the Patient Self-Determination Act, and the Elder Justice Act - 7 chapters on home health care, including information on medications, safety, infection prevention, mothers & newborns, and meal planning and preparation - 1 chapter containing subacute and acute care information, including pre- and post-operative care, as well as mechanical ventilation, chest tubes, and artificial airways - Chapter-ending material which develops critical thinking, as well as tests the chapter - Significantly expanded testing section available to instructors, including 31 chapters exams, two final exams, and a critical thinking exam, along with a practice exam for students taking the certification test - A table of procedures, common abbreviations list, a special appendix with a math review, and a glossary
Welcome to the Workbook for Nursing Assistant Care: Long-Term Care This workbook is designed to help you review what you have learned from reading your textbook. For this reason, the workbook is organized around learning objectives, just like the textbook and even your instructor's teaching material. These learning objectives work as a built-in study guide. After completing the exercises for each learning objective in the workbook, ask yourself if you can DO what that learning objective describes. If you can, move on to the next learning objective. If you cannot, just go back to the textbook, reread that learning objective, and try again. The answers to the work¬book exercises are in your instructor's teaching guide.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.