- Table View
- List View
Successful research requires effective and thorough preparation. In this expanded and updated Second Edition of Developing Effective Research Proposals Keith Punch offers an indispensable guide to the issues involved in proposal development and in presenting a well-considered plan for the execution of research. Dealing with both qualitative and quantitative approaches to empirical research across the social sciences, the Second Edition comprehensively covers the topics and concerns relevant to the subject and is organized around three central themes: What is a research proposal, who reads proposals and why?; How can we go about developing a proposal?; and What might a finished proposal look like? New features of this edition include: - Expanded sections covering research strategy, research planning and academic writing - Examples of successful research proposals from across the social science disciplines - A more comprehensive discussion of ethics - A brand new glossary and chapter summaries The Second Edition will be welcomed by all those preparing or evaluating research proposals, and will be invaluable across all areas of social science, both basic and applied, and for students undertaking quantitative, qualitative and mixed-method studies.
Introduction to Research Methods in Education focuses on helping the reader develop a clear, logical, and conceptual understanding of the nature of empirical research in education, and of how those ideas lead to and underlie the principal research techniques. Qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods approaches are covered, along with practical guidance on issues such as how to prepare a research proposal, write a literature review, and analyze different types of data.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.