Overcome the obstacles to your artistic expressionImproving your artwork can be as simple as learning how to trust your eyes. Your Artist's Brain shows you how to portray even the most complex subjects by focusing on what you really see - not what you think you see.Expert art instructor Carl Purcell shows you how to overcome dependency on the "intellectual brain" and listen carefully to the more observant "artist's brain."With Your Artist's Brain, you'll learn visual skills and artistic techniques that will instantly make you a better artist, no matter what your medium.22 step-by-step demonstrations on key relationships between shapes, spaces, subjects, backgrounds, angles, sizes, values and moreEasy examples and fun exercises teaching you how to "see" and design great compositions "Points to Remember" sidebars that allow you to quickly grasp each conceptMaximize the power of your artist's brain today and embark on the path to creating better art.
SEE like an artist, and draw like a pro! If you think you can't draw, it's all in your head . . . Every time you pick up a pencil, a battle rages between the two sides of your brain: Your analytical brain, which wants to generalize and take shortcuts; and your visual brain, which sees it like it is. This innovative guide helps the "good guy" always win! Following the success of his first book,Painting with Your Artist's Brain(North Light Books), Carl Purcell shows that the secret to creating true-to-life renderings—and overcoming the most common drawing problems—is silencing your bossy logical nature and letting your artistic side do what it does best. Thirteen interactive exercises and 10 step-by-step demonstrations lead you on an in-depth exploration of essential drawing skills: seeing values correctly searching for relationships of angle, size and position defining form with line and edge exploring the relationship between objects and space tying everything together with value patterns making the most of your sketchbook You'll take the same observation-based approach whether you're drawing a pear, a portrait or a landscape. No subject will be beyond your reach, and you'll be amazed at your sudden mastery of drawing!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.