- Table View
- List View
"Hello, my name is Tyler Tracer and I am falling apart. I am twenty-four years old, and I have no ability whatsoever to choose an occupation or a hair color. " Meet Tyler, the singularly irresistible and straight-talking heroine of Sarahbeth Purcell's touching first novel. An incurable romantic, Tyler's chief obsessions include music, list-making -- and David, the man who broke her heart. Despite an exhaustively detailed list of reasons for why she should just forget about David once and for all -- including (but by no means limited to) chronic illness, terminal self-absorption, and geographical inaccessibility -- Tyler remains hopelessly hooked on him. Hence the wild ride she embarks upon in the wake of her father's death, a ride that takes her from her hometown in Tennessee to sunny Los Angeles, all in hopes of saving David from his ominous take on life. This hilarious and dark cross-country expedition finds our young heroine negotiating the universally perilous terrain of sex, love, and relationships with uncommon verve, wit, and more than a little recklessness. Along the way, Tyler discovers, among other things, the uniquely redemptive powers of roadkill, the fact that enduring love tends to blossom in the most unexpected and unlikeliest places, and, above all, that nothing can stop her from making her own rules and mapping out her own life. Not even herself. A joyous triumph of a debut to which readers will respond with a sense of instant recognition, Sarahbeth Purcell'sLove Is the Drugspins a story of bold living and loving that crackles with energy and innovation.
From the author ofLove Is the Drug, the wickedly funny, pull-no-punches story of Julia, a hip, young writer whose life is thrown completely out of whack when her free-spirited soul mate decides to free himself from her, leaving her reeling. Brilliant young writer Sarahbeth Purcell combines witty melodramatics with her own brand of hard-edged, tough-girl cadences inThis Is Not a Love Song, a fantastic new novel filled with characters who are idealistic enough for readers to relate to and just cynical enough to respect. When Julia first met Chase one February day two years ago, she knew something was different. An intelligent, free-spirited artist, Chase was not like the other guys Julia had dated. He was her soul mate. At least for two blissful years. And then, with nothing more than a single note left on a bedside table, he was gone -- following his lifelong search for peace and inspiration on another spontaneous road trip across the country. But this time, he wasn't coming back. Devastated and depressed, Julia turns to her friend Delia, a gorgeous and tortured alcoholic who approaches life with the spirit of a warrior. Through terse phone calls and late-night crying jags, Delia helps Julia navigate her heartbreaking loss. Hilarious and heart wrenching,This Is Not a Love Songis a story about hope, healing, and that endless search for the truest form of affection -- loving yourself.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.