- Table View
- List View
In Completing Your Thesis Or Dissertation, Fred Pyrczak has assembled advice and anecdotal examples from seventy-one university professors for students who are frustrated with, or fail to complete, their dissertations. The wealth of techniques and strategies offered will prove invaluable for anyone struggling to complete a thesis or dissertation regardless of subject matter or category of topic. The contributors cover all aspects of the thesis or dissertation process including defending the writing, getting help from others, goals and timelines, outside pressures, overcoming self-doubt and anxiety, the prospectus/proposalm reviewing the literature, rewarding oneself, selecting a committee and chair, selecting a topic, writing, work habits, working with the committe and chair, dealing with writer's block, and more. Completing Your Thesis Or Dissertation should be required reading for all students who are faced with the often daunting task of writing a thesis or dissertation.
When students in the social and behavioral sciences take advanced courses in their major field of study, they are often required to read and evaluate original research reports published as articles in academic journals. This book is designed as a guide for students who are first learning how to engage in this process.
Writing Empirical Research Reports: A Basic Guide for Students of the Social and Behavioral Sciences (6th edition)by Fred Pyrczak Randall R. Bruce
A basic guide on how to write research papers for students in the social sciences.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.