They say justice is blind. But Justine isn't.Justine (Tina) Clancy is just an ordinary law student with a faulty arrest record, a part-time job in Baltimore's radioactive Zone, and a family secret so bizarre even she doesn't believe it. That is, until in a fit of fury she damns her boyfriend to hell--and it's exactly where he ends up. Much to her surprise, Tina is apparently one of Saturn's daughters, with the power to wield vigilante justice. But poor Max didn't deserve to go up in flames, even if he did almost run her over with her own car. Tina's convinced someone cut the brakes--and now a relentless nemesis is stalking her through the Zone's back alleys, where buildings glow, statues move, and chemical waste exposure comes with interesting consequences. Tina's usually a loner, but now she needs a posse like no other: a shape-shifting kitten, an invisible thief, a biker gang, a snake-charming private detective, a well-meaning cop, and her sleazy, sexy boss. But in between freeing Max from hell, saving her own neck, and solving a mystery that threatens the Zone and her newfound friends, how is she ever going to study for finals?
Justice is blind. Justine isn't. Book two in the Saturn's Daughter series, in which Tina Clancy is gifted with the power to dispense justice...for good or evil.Tina Clancy is adapting to her new life as one of Saturn's Daughters while living in the toxic part of Baltimore known as The Zone, and occasionally acting as a champion of the downtrodden, the weird, the innocent...and the sometimes not-so-innocent. Just when she finally lands a real law job, the Zone is blasted by poisonous gas and her sometimes-boyfriend starts receiving visitors from Hell. He's none too pleased about that, or in Tina having sent his granny to Hell in his place. For that matter, neither is granny...
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.